Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

21.02.2020 09:06
high standard in recent weeks Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- For a few hours Thursday evening, Argentina seemed to have annexed an acre of blue turf on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro.Attracted by the prospect of seeing the mens field hockey team win a first Olympic field hockey gold medal, hundreds of Argentines flocked to Deodoro Park and turned it into a raucous downtown Buenos Aires-like scene.Vastly outnumbering fans of Belgium, another first-time finalist, in a nearly packed stadium, Argentinas supporters tirelessly sang and chanted from long before the matchs start -- giving Leones (Lions) the home advantage.Leones rewarded their fans with a 4-2 victory in a gripping final.Really, I cant believe it. I felt more excited when we got to the semifinals, Argentina captain Pedro Ibarra said. We are finished and we are happy, but I dont think we realize we are (Olympic champions).The disbelief was understandable. Los Leones have always been the sideshow to the acclaimed womens side, Las Leonas, who medaled at the previous four Olympics. But the Leonas never won Olympic gold.Carlos Retegui, a defender for 17 years on so-so mens teams, coached the women to the London silver, then regained the mens job in 2013. The Leones found almost immediate success, including a first World Cup medal.But in Rio, the team had a modest pool round, needing to beat unheralded Ireland 3-2 in the last minutes to confirm a spot in the quarterfinals, where it beat Spain 2-1 on a late penalty stroke.In the semifinals, however, they routed defending two-time champion Germany 5-2. But two key players broke bones, striker Matias Paredes (right foot) and playmaker Matias Rey (left hand), 400-plus caps of experience sidelined for the final.Argentina got its goals early then dug in for defense.Belgium scored just three minutes in; Arthur van Dorens pass up the middle was expertly deflected in by Tanguy Cosyns. Argentine fans were silent only briefly.At its first penalty corner, Gonzalo Peillat, who scored a hat trick against Germany, faked and fed Ibarra, whose shot ricocheted in off two Belgians. Ignacio Ortiz blasted in his first goal of the competition, and by halftime it was 3-1 as Peillat had another short corner score, going low left for his tournament-leading 11th goal.Argentina didnt earn another corner. After Ortizs goal, right on the end of the first quarter, it didnt have another shot on goal for almost three quarters until the waning seconds.The Leones stacked their defense, and dared Belgium to score.The Belgians got only one, seconds from the end of the third quarter, through defender Gauthier Boccard. That brought the tension back, but Belgium was frustrated by Argentine goalie Juan Vivaldi, the deep defense, and mistakes on its own short corners.Belgium pulled its goalie with three minutes left, and it backfired. Argentinas Agustin Mazzilli intercepted a cross-field pass in enemy territory, left behind two defenders and walked the goal in with 16 seconds left, and sat on the backboard enjoying the view of teammates embracing, the Argentine fans going wild, and the Belgians collapsing to the turf.This gold medal is important, its going to help mens hockey a lot in Argentina, Mazzilli said. The girls have been really, really good for a long time. We need to improve the mens level so we will have more players at home.Belgiums silver was its first medal since it won bronze in its debut on home turf at the 1920 Antwerp Games.Germany came away with the bronze after beating the Netherlands 4-3 in a shootout. Goalkeeper Nicolas Jacobi starred, forcing Billy Bakker to shoot too late and stripping Sander de Wijn to secure Germanys 10th mens medal, second only to Indias 11.Two-time gold medalist and captain Moritz Furste, grateful to Jacobi for not having to go in the shootout, retired.The womens final is on Friday, matching defending two-time champion the Netherlands and Britain. Vernon Davis Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Dwight Clark Jersey . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. http://www.custom49ersjersey.com/custom-norm-snead-jersey-large-1408d.html . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. Terrell Owens Jersey . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. D.J. Reed Jersey . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium.With just one week until Judgement Night, players are battling against elimination when the Premier League heads to Liverpool. Robert Thornton needs a win from one of his two games to keep alive his survival hopes, while Michael Smith and Dave Chisnall are also scrapping for their places this Thursday night, live on Sky Sports.The battle for top spot is also intensifying, with Phil Taylor, Gary Anderson and James Wade pursuing leader Michael van Gerwen, but who is Wayne picking as his winners and losers? Price Boost Smith, Anderson & Lewis all to win now 13/2 from 11/2 Michael Smith v Robert Thornton Robert Thornton is still searching for his first win of the campaign Robert Thornton was good last week, he played better. I had the pleasure of spending my whole Sunday with Robert as we were doing an exhibition together in Irvine. He said hes feeling so much better than he has done throughout the whole of the Premier League. Hes using new darts and has a new lease of life.I actually think hell do a job on Michael Smith, who missed last week and is coming back. You kind of feel like youre out of it again. You never have any rhythm when that happens.I just think that Robert right now has got more confidence than hes had since the start. That can only be positive.Prediction: Robert can claim his first win with an improved performance. (Thornton 2/1 with Sky Bet to win)Gary Anderson v Dave Chisnall Gary Anderson picked up two victories on night seven in Glasgow Gary was brilliant last week, I thought he was sensational. Weve alluded to it so often about the pressure that hes under when he plays in Scotland. Weve played in Aberdeen and Glasgow and Anderson has not let them down once. Hes averaged over a ton in every game, won six points out of six in Scotland. Hes looking good and hes only a point off top. I think the way that Gary is carrying on, hell march into the play-offs. Lessons from a champion Gary Anderson has high hopes for protege Michael Smith Chizzy on the other hand, he plays well and gets beat, he plays poor and gets beat. He needs to find a point at least, just to stop the rot. Dave hasnt won since the very first week. Against Gary, hes only going to get a point at best, but Im going for an Anderson win.Prediction: Gary will take victory in a close game. (Anderson 7/1 with Sky Bet to win 7-5)Adrian Lewis v Raymond van Barneveld Adrian Lewis produced lacklustre display in last weeks defeat to Gary Anderson I reckon these two are so unpredictable, that they literally get out of the bed on different sides every morning.dddddddddddd They are lunatics, the pair of them. All joking aside, I do fancy Adrian Lewis for this match. He is really hungry to get in the play-offs, because it has only happened twice in eight attempts, and thats just poor. Hes had four wins so far and there is no reason why he cant have another.Barneys brilliance of last week doesnt mean hes going to be anything like the same this week. Adrian was poor last week. Do I think he will be poor again? No, but he could be! His good performances have come off a bad one and I think this could be the same.Prediction: Lewis will edge Barney in a last-leg thriller. (Lewis 15/2 with Sky Bet to win 7-5)Phil Taylor v Peter Wright Phil Taylor held Michael van Gerwen to a draw Peter Wright is playing great without winning. It doesnt make sense and it wont continue. Maybe this is the week? You cant keep averaging between 103 and 106 and not pick up points. Im bamboozled how its happened. Taylor is coming round to the fact that he has to fight to be called the worlds best player. Wayne Mardle Its going to be a real tight game this one, but I think Phil Taylor has got the bit between his teeth. Taylor is coming round to the fact that he has to fight to be called the worlds best player. I think hes ready for that tussle for the next year to 18 months. I think by just being in the play-offs for the Premier League, hell have a chance to beat Michael, but first off hes got to get into the play-offs. A win against Wright will do him a massive favour later on.Prediction: Taylor will beat Wright 7-5. (Taylor 7/1 with Sky Bet to win 7-5)Michael van Gerwen v Robert Thornton Michael van Gerwen has been performing at a high standard in recent weeks The pressure is on Robert, but after listening to him at the weekend and watching him last week, he will just play. Who expected him to beat Michael in the World Grand Prix final? No one.Look, Michael played below average last week, averaging 107, and had a 170 checkout. If hes a bit below that average of 107, I think he still wins this game quite comfortably. I just expect Michael to have too much for Robert.Prediction: Michael to complete a convincing win over Thornton. SKY BET PRICE BOOST: MVG to win, hit the highest checkout & score most 180s now 1/1 (was 8/11)!Watch all the Premier League action this Thursday night, starting at 7pm on Sky Sports 1. Also See: Sky Live: PL night eight Lessons from a champion Fixtures/Results Prem Table ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz