Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

13.02.2020 04:51
Houston Astros finalized a $16 million Antworten

Joe Root feels a session batting on a road inside the Chepauk stadium had helped him rediscover his fluency ahead of the fifth Test in Chennai.Keen to gain some practice time after feeling his footwork was all over the place in the previous Test in Mumbai, Root turned up the day before the match to find that the net facilities at the ground were not fit for use following the cyclone that hit the city in recent days.When the contingency plan - a session on the hard tennis courts at the stadium - also had to be abandoned due to the storm damage, Root decided that the road was the next best option.So while the conditions for his 30 minutes of throwdowns from batting coach Mark Ramprakash were not ideal, he felt the experience - one that was reminiscent to his youth playing in parks and garden and on roads - helped relax him and remind him of the simple pleasures of the game.My feet were all over the place against the seamers in Mumbai, Root said, so I wanted to iron a few things out.We tried to do it away from the cameras just in case it went pear-shaped. We were kindly helped by a few of the local guys and managed to get a few things sorted.It was nice to have that peace of mind going into the game, having worked on it. Something just clicked into place.To go back to being a kid again and remember what its like to play on a street with your mates, and get those reasons why you love playing and why you first got into cricket, to park all the pressure and think about the game ... that was nice.It did just relax me, and maybe thats all it needed.Root didnt look especially relaxed when he was given out, though. He kicked a water bottle and gave the foam boundary rope a whack with his bat after he was adjudged to have been caught behind after a review by India.Root was not only under the impression that he did not hit the ball - he later admitted that technology proved him wrong - but was frustrated at missing out on a century. It was the 13th time he has reached fifty in Test cricket in 2016, but only on three occasions has he gone on to make a century. Despite becoming the highest Test run-scorer in the world this year during the innings, his dismissal left him 11 runs short of the England record for most runs in a calendar year held by his boyhood hero, Michael Vaughan.I probably was a bit childish with my reaction as I walked off. But playing international cricket, youre going to be disappointed when you feel youve been hard done by - even if you havent.I was convinced I didnt hit it. Obviously the technology suggests otherwise, but it is bitterly disappointing when youre convinced out there that theres nothing.If you look at the wicketkeepers reaction, hes not interested either. I must have got a fine edge on it, but I didnt hear a noise and didnt feel anything on the bat.I think initially [my reaction] was from feeling like I didnt hit it. It went upstairs and I went up to Mo and said Ill be fine, Ive not got anywhere near it. Then you see the spike (on DRS) ... it was more disbelief than anything else, I suppose.But you sort of just have to suck it up, and put faith in the rest of the guys. I hope we can make that 500 score and put India under pressure.Id be lying if I was to say I wasnt frustrated about missing out on a century. But I feel my games in good order and I dont think Id have done anything differently if I had my time again.Id have still played the same shot. Im not going to change the way Im playing. Its just about being better at it. Shaun Hill Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Johnny Strzykalski Jersey . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. http://www.custompatriotsjersey.com/custom-junior-seau-jersey-large-701f.html . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Jim Lee Hunt Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Ricky Watters Jersey . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. COLLEGE FOOTBALLNEW YORK -- Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson is a Heisman Trophy finalist for the second consecutive season, joining Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson, Michigan linebacker Jabrill Peppers and Oklahoma teammates Baker Mayfield and Dede Westbrook.The award will be presented Saturday in New York.Watson finished third in last years voting, won by Alabama running back Derrick Henry.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Alabama senior defensive lineman Jonathan Allen won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy given annually to the nations best college defensive player. Allen was selected over four other finalists, including Crimson Tide teammate Reuben Foster.WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Jeff Brohm is leaving Western Kentucky to take the head coaching job at Purdue.Brohm replaces Darrell Hazell, who was fired after winning just nine games in 3 1/2 seasons. Gerad Parker took over on an interim basis halfway through last season and went 0-6.Brohm, a former Louisville quarterback, went 30-10 in three seasons at Western Kentucky and has led the Hilltoppers to bowl bids all three seasons.BASEBALLSAN FRANCISCO -- Free-agent closer Mark Melancon and the San Francisco Giants agreed to a $62 million, four-year contract, pending a physical.Its the richest contract ever for a closer, topping Jonathan Papelbons $50 million, four-year deal with the Phillies from 2012-15, and the average annual value tops Mariano Riveras $15 million with the New York Yankees from 2011-12.Melancon gets a full no-trade clause and the chance to opt out after the first two years. The right-hander had 47 saves last season with Pittsburgh and Washington.LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers re-signed free-agent pitcher Rich Hill to a $48 million, three-year contract after he went 3-2 with a 1.83 ERA in six starts with the team he joined at the trade deadline.The 36-year-old left-hander was acquired from Oakland on Aug. 1. Hill went 1-1 with a 3.46 ERA in three postseason starts for the NL West champion Dodgers. He has a 38-28 career record with a 4.10 ERA in 221 games over 12 major league seasons.Hill was 12-5 with a 2.12 ERA in 20 starts for the Dodgers and As last season.HOUSTON -- Carlos Beltran and the Houston Astros finalized a $16 million, one-year contract.Beltran turns 40 in April. He hit a combined .295 with 29 home runs and 93 RBI last season for the New York Yankees and Texas. The switch-hitter split his time as a designated hitter and right fielder, playing 151 games.Beltran is a nine-time All-Star and has hit .323 with 16 homers and 41 RBI in 55 postseason games. He spent the last half of the 2004 season with the Astros and hit a postseason record-tying eight home runs.In 19 seasons, Beltran is a career .281 hitter with 421 home runs and 1,536 RBI.TORONTO -- The Blue Jays signed utilityman Steve Pearce to a two-year, $12.5 million contract, a move that could spell the end of Edwin Encarnacions tenure in Toronto. Pearce hit .288 with 13 home runs in 85 games for Tampa Bay and Baltimore last season.OXON HILL, Md. -- The Boston Red Sox exercised the 2018 option on manager John Farrells contract.Farrell won the Worlld Series in his first season running the Red Sox in 2013 and led them back to the playoffs last season.dddddddddddd He is 339-309 over four seasons in Boston.COLLEGE BASKETBALLReigning national champion Villanova is No. 1 in the AP Top 25 mens college basketball poll for the second time in school history.The Wildcats (8-0), who were No. 1 for three weeks in February last season, moved up one spot from last week with 57 first-place votes from the 65-member national media panel.UCLA (9-0), which beat No. 1 Kentucky 97-92 on Saturday, jumped from 11th to second with two first-place votes. Kentucky, which dropped to sixth, had been No. 1 for the past two weeks.WOMENS COLLEGE BASKETBALLUConn is back in a familiar spot, No. 1 in the poll.The Huskies (7-0) passed Notre Dame (8-0) for the top position in The Associated Press womens basketball poll, barely edging the Irish by two points. The rivals will face each other on Wednesday in South Bend, Indiana.PRO FOOTBALLLAKE FOREST, Ill.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz