Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

13.02.2020 04:39
Theyre ahead of their years in terms Antworten

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. stopped by to see an old foe, and Manny Pacquiao tried his best to give him a show.With Mayweather watching intently from a ringside seat, Pacquiao dropped Jessie Vargas in the second round and bloodied his face Saturday night on his way to a lopsided decision that gave him a piece of the welterweight title once again.Pacquiao won on all three ringside scorecards -- 118-109, 118-109 114-113 -- to take the piece of the title Vargas won in his last fight. The AP scored it 119-109 for Pacquiao.Not bad, Mayweather said, giving Pacquiao a thumbs up after the fight.It was vintage Pacquiao at times, even though he couldnt stop Vargas like he desperately wanted to. And with Mayweather at ringside it certainly will stir talk of a second fight between the boxers who went at it last year in the richest fight ever.That, of course, would depend on Mayweather coming out of retirement and Pacquiao being able to fight while still attending to his duties as a senator in the Philippines. Mayweather did not answer questions about a possible return to the ring shouted at him by writers at ringside.I invited him to be here tonight, Pacquiao said, saying well see when asked if the two could meet again.Pacquiao pressed the fight from the opening bell, trying to score a knockdown. He looked as if he would when he caught Vargas with a straight left that put him on the canvas, but Vargas got up quick and fought the distance.I feel I could do more but every round I tried to knock him out, Pacquiao said.Just before the bell rang to start the fight, Pacquiao smiled and waved a fist at Mayweather. He clearly wanted to impress Mayweather, who won their first fight easily.But Pacquiao, who has not knocked out an opponent in seven years, wasnt going to stop the younger Vargas in his hometown. Vargas had difficulty dealing with Pacquiaos speed, but was more than willing to trade punches to try and lure him into a brawl.In the eighth round he succeeded at doing that, hitting Pacquiao with a big right and punching his gloves together as if to tell him to stand and fight. Pacquiao went right back after him and they traded punches before staring at each other when the bell sounded to end the round.Fighting Manny Pacquiao is like playing a very fast game of chess, Vargas said. You have to be alert at all times, there are a lot of punches coming in. He was very fast and he was very sharp.Vargas was cut over the right eye by an accidental clash of heads in the eighth, and blood trickled into his eye but it didnt seem to be a factor.The taller Vargas landed some good right hands of his own, but they were infrequent and he rarely followed up on them. Still, they were enough to keep Pacquiao away at times and offset some of his advantage with speed.I didnt want to be careless, Pacquiao said. I was very careful to go inside because I know he will counter me.Pacquiao was credited with landing 147 of 409 punches to 104 of 562 for Vargas. Pacquiao also was given a 101-70 advantage in power punches.Mayweather took a ringside seat alongside his daughter to watch the man who helped make him untold millions when they fought in 2015. Mayweather won that fight, and Pacquiaos performance was largely panned, though he claimed to have an injured shoulder.Pacquiao, fighting in his 22nd title fight in a pro career that stretches back to 1995, trained at night in the Philippines in the weeks leading up to the fight so he could tend to his day job as a newly elected senator. With the senate out of session, he was back in a more familiar place, with a crowd of some 16,132 nearly filling the UNLV campus arena to watch him take on Vargas, who was in only his second title bout.Pacquiao, who earned a reported $100 million to fight Mayweather in the richest fight ever, was guaranteed $4 million plus a percentage of the revenue of the fight. Vargas got $2.8 million.Pacquiao improved to 59-6-2, while Vargas fell to 27-2. Kyle Juszczyk Super Bowl Jersey . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. Richard Sherman Super Bowl Jersey . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. http://www.49ersofficialfanshop.com/laken-tomlinson-jersey-sales.html . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Terrell Owens Super Bowl Jersey . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Tarvarius Moore Super Bowl Jersey . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami has tinkered with its longstanding tradition of having players run through plumes of white smoke onto the field at game time.This year, there are also flames.Fitting, since some Hurricanes are getting thrown into the fire.Having three true freshmen start at linebacker wasnt what Hurricanes coach Mark Richt envisioned even a few weeks ago, but the rental-car access scandal that cost Miami its three leading tacklers from 2015 helped force the teams hand. As such, its Shaquille Quarterman, Zach McCloud and Michael Pinckney -- three guys who were playing high school ball 12 months ago -- who are the first-string linebackers for the 25th-ranked Hurricanes.We have tremendous potential, Quarterman said. The thing I can honestly say, we can take it as far as we want to go. We have tremendous buy-in. Our coaches talk about it all the time, so as long as we continue to press the issue of getting better every day, not taking our gas off the pedal no matter if were up by 63 points or one point. We have to fight every down. As long as we do that, the skys the limit.So far, so good.Miami rolled over an overmatched Florida A&M 70-3 in the opener, returned to the AP Top 25 for the first time since 2013 and now the Hurricanes (1-0) figure to get a bigger test at home on Saturday night against Florida Atlantic (1-0).The tape from such a one-sided game didnt exactly show much, but Owls coach Charlie Partridge is already duly impressed with Miamis teen trio of linebackers -- all of whom arrived on the Hurricanes campus together in January.Theyre fast and they can really run, Partridge said. They come with conviction when they get to the point of contact. Theyre ahead of their years in terms of how they play. I believe all three of them were early enrollees, so you can feel that from them. They play with a lot of confideence.ddddddddddddTheyre having fun.They are, but its not exactly fun times at Miami right now on the depth front.Defections and injuries are already taking a toll, and the season has barely started.Two defensive starters were dismissed from the team after an investigation into how they had access to luxury car rentals, and a third player didnt even wait around for the probe to be completed before he left and enrolled elsewhere. And then in the first quarter of the Florida A&M game, redshirt freshman linebacker Jamie Gordinier -- who would have logged plenty of time for this team -- tore a knee ligament and saw his season come to an end.We dont have any choice, defensive coordinator Manny Diaz said. We have to have a bunch of guys play. Weve got to have guys share snaps for us to succeed. Youll ultimately pace yourself if youre playing every snap. We have what we have and just like we said on Saturday, everybodys got a role to play and everybodys got to play.Thing is, there arent very many options left.That puts even more pressure on the freshman starters. Quarterman is the analytic one, Pinckney is the high-energy one and McCloud is the quiet one.We feed off each other a lot, Quarterman said.And teammates say theyre ready to handle whatever comes their way.Theyre mature, Miami wide receiver Braxton Berrios said. I think coming in they all knew they had a chance to start. I dont know if all three of them knew; I dont think anybody would have guessed that with everything going on this offseason. They were ready. They were ready when their number was called and I think all of that is just part of maturity. They really came in with a good mindset.---AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz