Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 138 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

16.01.2020 08:16
the London clubs medical staff Antworten

In December, Kevin Glenn was ecstatic about joining the Ottawa Redblacks. Vapormax 2019 Cheap . Now the veteran quarterback wants the CFL expansion squad to trade him elsewhere. On Dec. 15, a jubilant Glenn was seen in a family video celebrating after being named a first-round pick by Ottawa in the CFL expansion draft. Following two productive seasons with the Calgary Stampeders, the 13-year veteran was looking forward to leading a first-year franchise and being able to call the Redblacks his team. However, that sentiment changed Feb. 4 when Ottawa signed veteran Henry Burris to a lucrative multi-year contract and immediately named him its starter. On Feb. 11, TSN Reporter Farhan Lalji reported that the Redblacks were listening to offers after Glenn made a request to be moved. "Ive asked to be traded and it dates back to when the actual situation happened," Glenn told The Canadian Press on Thursday in his first public comments regarding his situation with Ottawa. "I really dont want to be part of the situation that is in Ottawa . . . Ive spoken to (head coach) Rick Campbell and (GM) Marcel Desjardins so they know." Burris, 38, was the CFLs passing leader the last two years with Hamilton before being released after free-agent quarterback Zach Collaros joined the Tiger-Cats. "I said I didnt want to do any media because I didnt want to do the back-and-forth stuff, I just left it up to them . . . it seems to me its been kind of dragging out to where it sometimes feels to me they dont care. The last I heard was it was at a standstill." Glenn said he initially asked to be released, but the Redblacks declined. "Its the waiting game and thats another thing that kind of takes a toll on a player because you dont know," Glenn said. "You wake up every morning wondering if this is the day youre going to get traded, is this the day theyll call and say theyre not trading you or youre not on the trading block anymore and they couldnt get anything done? "The whole process is tough but you just try to block it out. Im continuing to do the workouts and throwing the football as well as the other endeavours I do in the off-season." Ottawa GM Marcel Desjardins said hes working to accommodate Glenn. "I need to do whats in the best interest of our football team," he said. "Weve reached out to a few teams but at this point its certainly premature to say anything would actually happen." Desjardins said if he cant work out a trade, it will be up to Glenn to decide whether to report to the Redblacks. There have been suggestions that Glenn would not report to camp if he wasnt traded. "Put it this way, we are not going to release him," Desjardins said. "We have to be smart and put ourselves in the best position depth-wise at the quarterback position and thats what weve done." Dan Vertlieb, Glenns Vancouver-based agent, said hes hoping a suitable resolution can be reached. "Kevin and I have spoken with Ottawas front office on multiple occasions and made our feelings known," said Vertlieb. "At this point, the ball is in their court. "Were hopeful theyll find a way to resolve the situation in a timely manner." The five-foot-11, 205-pound Glenn was 20-8 as a starter replacing the injured Drew Tate over two seasons with Calgary. He guided the Stampeders to a Grey Cup berth in 2012 and top spot in the West Division in 13 with a league-best 14-4 record. "I think everyone could see in that video from my family how I felt (about going to Ottawa)," Glenn said. "But circumstances and things happened to where theres been a change of heart." Ottawa is the fifth stop of Glenns CFL career. Despite having never won a Grey Cup, the former Illinois State star has enjoyed a distinguished tenure in Canada, being named a finalist for the leagues outstanding player award in 07 and currently standing 10th in all-time passing yards with over 39,000. "My biggest thing is an opportunity and as a player I think I do have the right to say if this is a situation I really want to be part of," Glenn said. "Now, ultimately, we all know its not the players decision. "We get into this profession knowing in certain situations we sign a contract and dont have control after its signed. But in my opinion everybody should work towards a common goal to rectify a situation." A consummate professional, the well-spoken Detroit native has also endured adversity. Hes been traded on three occasions -- including twice on the same day and in another deal involving Burris -- led a team to the Grey Cup but couldnt play in the big game due to a broken arm, been replaced as a starter, released and most recently left unprotected for the expansion draft. "One of the reasons why Im here today is because Ive gone through and been able to overcome situations like this and come out on top," Glenn said. Still, Glenn cant help but ask what else he needs to do to show hes worthy of being a CFL starter. "I do and sometimes I dont know the answer," he said. "You just have to continue to keep going. "People can say, Win a Grey Cup and this wont happen to you, but I beg to differ because I think it could still happen to you even if you did." Unfortunately for Glenn, there arent many CFL teams in the market for a starter. Tate is expected to be the No. 1 quarterback in Calgary but if hes injured again youngster Bo Levi Mitchell has shown significant promise. Winnipeg could potentially be an option despite having signed free-agent Drew Willy and acquiring Brian Brohm from Hamilton. Willy and Brohm both lack CFL experience, as does returnee Max Hall. Glenn is very familiar with the Manitoba capital, having spent five seasons there (2004-08). In 2007, he was a finalist for the CFLs outstanding player award and led the Bombers to a Grey Cup appearance but didnt play in the 23-19 loss to Saskatchewan after suffering a broken arm in the East Division final. Glenn admits he couldve stayed quiet and collected a paycheque in Ottawa. However, he believes his play in Calgary proves hes capable of playing well and at the very least deserves the chance to compete for a starting job. "I could sit back and collect a paycheque . . . but I feel its only right for me to feel this way after the two seasons Ive had," Glenn said. "It would be different if I was coming off a year where I struggled and didnt do what I did the past two years. "As a player, as a professional athlete, I have to have the mentality of Look, Ive done enough to be a starter. Ive taken teams to Grey Cups, Ive been nominated for the leagues outstanding player award, Im in the top-10 all-time. I have the confidence to say, Hey, I want to continue to keep playing. I dont want to necessarily sit on the bench." Glenn said while his situation is indeed frustrating, its not just that way for him only. "It also affects my family," he said. "My wife, kids, mother and father, sister-in-law, niece and brother all experienced the same joy (of Glenn being drafted by Ottawa) and thats what I think some people dont understand. "Your family experiences the same feelings you do when it comes to this game because theyre there, theyre with you when all this stuff happens so they get to see you being frustrated or happy. They know it because theyve lived it but sometimes its hard for even them to come to terms with it because its happening to a loved one." Glenn isnt bitter about his situation, adding its part of the game. But he feels its important people understand the personal element of a pro athletes life. "I understand there are plenty of people whod die to just have the contract with a pro team, I totally get that," he said. "I wake up every morning and have for the last 14 years feeling Im blessed to have been able to do something I love for this long. "But at the same time, were human beings, we still have feelings, we still have responsibilities we have to fulfil outside of sports and thats taking care of our family and doing it the best way we can. When these type of things happen where an organization now has control over whether or not youre playing or even have the opportunity whether or not to play I just want fans to understand that side of it and whats really going on." Air Force 1 Wholesale China .com) - Will Conant booted a 39-yard field goal as time expired and Air Force played spoiler with a 27-24 win over 21st- ranked Colorado State on Friday. Air Force 1 Wholesale Cheap . On Wednesday, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas hit back. In a passionate defence of himself and the London clubs medical staff, the Portuguese coach rebuked the "incompetent people" who have attacked Tottenham for allowing Lloris to continue playing after being briefly knocked unconscious against Everton on Sunday. http://www.nikeshoesoutletwholesale.com/nike-cortez-sale.html . Boston is making its first appearance in the ALCS since 2008. For Detroit, its a third straight trip to the ALCS and its fourth in eight years.Today is Bell Lets Talk Day when the issue of mental health will be openly discussed across all platforms on TSN and CTV. During the morning loop on TSN, SportsCentre presents Purple Hearts, a TSN Original feature on Daron Richardson, daughter of former NHL defenceman Luke Richardson, who took her own life at the age of 14. The tragedy shocked the entire city of Ottawa, including Darons hockey teammates; her best and closest friends. Since Darons suicide, this remarkable group of young girls has set out on a quest to honour her memory, both with their play on the ice and their activism in the community. Their goal is simply, Do It For Daron – an initiative that raises awareness of youth mental health. On Off The Record at 5pm et/2pm pt, long-time mental health advocate Michael Landsberg hosts a special edition of his popular talk show. The program will include a tribute to canoeist and three-time Olympian John Wood, who took his own life in January 2013 after a battle with depression. Landsberg will be joined by two of Woods children, Alan and Jennifer, who will speak publicly for the first time since Wood died. Off The Record also features PGA Canada professional golfer Andrew Jensen, who has survived multiple suicide attempts and will speak candidly about what drove him to the point of suicide. During the first intermission of the game between the Tampa Bay Lightning and Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL on TSN host James Duthie chats with Clara Hugghes about mental health and Claras Big Ride, now in its fourth year. Nike Shox Mens Clearance. The game gets under way at 7pm et/4pm pt. On TSN2, watch an encore presentation of Darkness And Hope: Depression, Sports And Me, Michael Landsbergs Canadian Screen Award-nominated documentary about sports and depression at 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt. Then at 11:30pm et/8:30pm pt on TSN2, watch an encore presentation of Talk To Me: The Story Of James Patrick Peek, the emotional documentary produced in support of last years Bell Lets Talk Day. Gemini Award-winning TSN field producer Mike Farrell sits down with his best friends family to talk about the loss of their son and brother to suicide, and how sport helped them cope and inspire change in their community. At 7pm et/4pm pt on CTV and CTV Two, watch an hour-long special presentation profiling celebrities and others who have struggled with mental illness. Hosted by Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, the program features interviews with musician Serena Ryder about her battle with depression, singer-songwriter Amy Sky on her struggle with post-partum depression, and retired Canadian heavyweight boxer George Chuvalo, who lost a son and wife to suicide. Also, Canadian champion rower Silken Laumann, TSNs Michael Landsberg, and Glass Tigers Sam Reid will offer their thoughts. The program will also profile the mental health struggles faced by actresses Mariel Hemingway, Margaret Trudeau, Catherine Zeta Jones, and Demi Lovato. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz