Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

15.01.2020 08:41
in the eyes of the fans Antworten

BALTIMORE -- For those who wonder whether the Tampa Bay Rays got enough in return for former Cy Young winner David Price, the answer appears to be a resounding yes. Yeezy 700 Hospital Blue Outlet . Making his fifth start for the Rays since being traded from Detroit, Drew Smyly allowed two hits over seven innings Wednesday night to lead Tampa Bay past the Baltimore Orioles 3-1. Although its too early to start comparing Smyly to Price, theres reason to believe the Rays landed a gem in the July 31 three-team deal that sent Price to the Tigers and netted the Rays three players: Smyly, infielder Nick Franklin and shortstop Willy Adames. "Hes got total command of what he is doing," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said of Smyly. "Hes utilizing all of his pitches. What can I say about him? Hes been outstanding." Smyly (9-10) gave up a solo homer to Chris Davis in the second inning and a single to Steve Pearce in the seventh. The left-hander struck out six and walked one in lowering his ERA with the Rays to 1.50. In his previous outing, Smyly blanked Toronto on two hits in his first career complete game. "Its probably one of the better stretches Ive had as a starter," Smyly said. "Really, since the All-Star break Ive felt like Ive kind of turned the page and done pretty well. Thats what you look for, you try to get on a good roll, a good rhythm, and try to carry them over." In 18 career appearances against AL East teams, hes 6-0 with a 1.32 ERA. That does not bode well beyond this season for the division-leading Orioles. "Certainly, the future looks bright for him and Tampa having him in the rotation," Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said, "but well see what baseball longevity has to say. He obviously has a chance to be a good one. Already is." Brad Boxberger worked the eighth and Jake McGee got three outs to complete the two-hitter and earn his 15th save. Evan Longoria had three hits for the Rays, who won for only the fourth time in 11 games. Tampa Bay scored all its runs in the first two innings and Smyly made the margin stand. "David Price is one of the best in the game," Orioles shortstop J.J. Hardy said. "Its nice we dont have to see him all the time. Smylys a great pitcher. It doesnt get much easier." Coincidentally, Price gave up eight runs and 12 hits on Wednesday night against the Yankees. Baltimore lost at home for only the second time in eight games. The Orioles have lost four of six, but can capture the four-game series with a victory Thursday night. Rookie Kevin Gausman (7-6) laboured through four innings, allowing two earned runs on six hits before being lifted after 80 pitches. The right-hander is 1-3 with a 6.75 ERA in five career outings against the Rays. "It would have been very easy to run him back out there," Showalter said. "It just seemed like there werent a whole lot of unchallenging outs." Gausman was optioned to the Gulf Coast Orioles after the game, but will surely return when rosters expand on Monday. Tampa Bay scored twice in the first inning on an RBI grounder by Matt Joyce and a single by Wil Myers. The Rays might have had more if Longoria and Joyce didnt both end up at third base on a single by James Loney. Ben Zobrist delivered a sacrifice fly in the top of the second, and Davis 23rd home run made it 3-1 in the bottom half. TRAINERS ROOM Rays: Longoria returned to 3B after playing two straight days as a DH because of forearm tightness. "I dont think you can say hes 100 per cent, but hes a lot better," Maddon said. Orioles: 3B Manny Machado underwent season-ending surgery Wednesday to repair a torn ligament in his right knee. "Doctor said everything went well," Showalter said. UP NEXT Rays: Right-hander Jeremy Hellickson (9-4) makes his 18th career appearance against Baltimore in the series finale Thursday night. "I dont think theres a team better built for their ballpark than these guys," Hellickson said of the Orioles. "Theyre a powerful team." Orioles: Bud Norris (11-8) faces Tampa Bay at Camden Yards for the first time. Norris has allowed one run or none in half his home starts this season. Cheap Yeezy 700 Hospital Blue . - Kyle Wood and Barclay Goodrow scored second period power-play goals to provide all of the scoring for the North Bay Battalion in a 2-0 victory over the Erie Otters in Ontario Hockey League action on Thursday. Fake Yeezy 700 White . As analysts we do the same thing, so here are some observations from week one. First there were two major upsets. I should say, major upsets in the eyes of the fans and prognosticators. http://www.yeezy700outlet.com/discount-yeezy-700-2020-online.html . -- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh says he isnt going to change what he does on the field.DENVER -- Carmelo Anthonys bid for a triumphant return to Denver fell short. Anthony missed a contested, 14-foot jumper at the buzzer as the Nuggets hung on for a 97-95 victory over their former star player and his struggling New York Knicks on Friday night. "I didnt get it done, thats it," Anthony said. "My teammates did a great job of getting us in that position, putting us in that position, giving me the chance of tying the game or going for the win. I didnt come through. Ill take that." Ty Lawson scored 22 points for the Nuggets, who sent the Knicks to their eighth consecutive loss. Randy Foye added 17 points and provided the defence on Anthonys last shot, timing his jump so that the All-Star forward had to shoot over his outstretched hand. "At the end of the game, Im trying to win, just like him," Foye said. "I knew he wanted that. You could tell. Hes the All-Star. Hes a leading scorer. Hes supposed to take that shot. I just buckled down. I take pride in my defence." Anthony, who finished with 27 points, starred for the Nuggets for 7 1/2 seasons. He was back in Denver for the second time since he asked for and received a trade to New York in February 2011. Just as he was in his initial return to Denver last March, when a knee injury knocked him out of the game early, the former fan favourite was booed practically every time he touched the ball. The last few minutes were especially rough on Anthony, who also missed a jumper that could have tied it with under 4 minutes left and turned the ball over on a travelling call with just under 3 minutes to go. But Anthony said the reception he got from the crowd didnt affect him. "Hell no, that dont concern me," he said. "Im past those stages." Andrea Bargnani added 22 points for New York. J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert had 11 apiece. Denver power forward Keenneth Faried left midway through the third quarter to have his bruised right quadriceps treated. Yeezy 700 v2 Vanta Fake. . Anthony converted a three-point play that pulled the Knicks to 75-67 heading into the fourth. Tim Hardaway Jr. hit his second 3-pointer in the fourth, igniting a 6-0 burst that got the Knicks to 81-78 with 7:32 left. New York fought back to 85-83 on a pair of free throws, but Wilson Chandler, who came to Denver from the Knicks as part of the Anthony trade, drained a 3 to give the Nuggets a five-point lead. The Knicks cut it to 96-93 when Raymond Felton hit a 3 with 31 seconds left. A turnover by Chandler led to a driving layup by Shumpert to get the Knicks within a point. After Lawson made one of two free throws with 19 seconds left, the Knicks got the ball to Anthony, who backed in against Foye and pulled up for a turnaround jumper that Foye managed to get a hand on, leaving the shot well short. "Hes strong. Hes bulldog strong," Lawson said of Foye. "Hes definitely a good post player and we rely on him down the stretch. Ive seen Melo make a lot of tough shots and he played him perfectly, made him shoot over him and put a hand up and Melo didnt really expect it." Lawson had 14 points in the first half, helping the Nuggets take a 51-45 lead. The Nuggets led by as many as 13 points earlier, going in front 42-29 on a driving dunk by J.J. Hickson with 5:37 left in the second. New York closed the gap by putting together an 8-0 run, pulling within five points on Feltons floater in the lane with 3:01 to play in the period. NOTES: Lawson has scored 10 or more points in all 15 of his games. ... Anthony is the only player in the NBA who has led his team in scoring in every game this season. ... The Knicks skid is their longest since also losing eight in a row in February 2010. ... The Nuggets have gone 9-3 since an 0-3 start. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz