Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

15.01.2020 08:33
the tennis season has worked Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO - Even though Jason Vargas will be making his World Series debut for Kansas City in Game 4, the Fall Classic atmosphere in San Francisco will not be foreign to him. Portland Trail Blazers Pro Shop .Four years ago, while home for the off-season in Arizona, Vargas and his wife decided to fly to San Francisco to watch Game 1 of the World Series between the Giants and Texas Rangers.The Giants won 11-7 on the way to their first World Series title in San Francisco. They followed with another championship in 2012 and are back in for a third time in five years against the Royals this season.It was just an electric atmosphere, Vargas recalled before the Royals beat the Giants 3-2 on Friday night to take a 2-1 series lead. They were ready to go. The fans are here and they want to see their team win, and were hoping to stop that.Vargas will have a big part in that goal when he starts Saturday night against Ryan Vogelsong.Vogelsong has experience on this big stage, getting the win in Game 3 against Detroit two years ago when he pitched 5 2-3 innings in a 2-0 victory that helped send San Francisco to a sweep.Vogelsong is the only pitcher to yield no more than one run in his first five post-season starts. That run ended in the NL Championship Series when Vogelsong allowed four runs in three innings of a no-decision against St. Louis.But Vogelsong has proven he has no problems dealing with the heightened intensity in October.The biggest thing is just the experience of curbing the emotions, he said. Its definitely a situation where you have to be locked into the game and your thoughts need to be on the game, but you have to take a quick second to look around and take it all in.Vogelsongs post-season success is partly attributable to an increase in velocity in those games, with his fastball going from the low 90 mph range to about 95 mph.Its definitely a different adrenaline when youre in this stadium in a post-season game, he said. Its different than an everyday regular-season game.Vargas has pitched well in his first two post-season starts, allowing two runs in six innings of a no-decision in the division series opener against the Angels and getting the win when he allowed one run of 5 1-3 innings in the ALCS finale against Baltimore.Vargas had seven days off before his first post-season start, 12 before the second and nine before the Game 4 of the Series. He has used the time wisely, with the extra bullpen and side sessions helping to smooth out some mechanical issues that contributed to him going 1-5 with a 5.89 ERA in his final seven starts of the regular season.Hes had two great starts, manager Ned Yost said. He was a guy that was consistent for us all year. Struggled a little bit his last three or four starts in September, but, again, a lot of that was mechanical, and hes made the adjustment. Had a great start against Anaheim. Had a great start against Baltimore, and we look for him to do the same tomorrow. Larry Weinberg Jersey . - While a fast-paced offence has become more of a fixture in recent years, the San Antonio Spurs can still grind out games when needed. Steve Johnson Jersey . While Minnesota takes aim at its eighth win of November, the Canadiens will try to post just their third victory in nine games this month. https://www.cheapblazersonline.com/1258i-nassir-little-jersey-blazers.html . The No. 23 seed at the first Grand Slam event of the tennis season has worked out all the details, from his training regime right down to where hes going to eat dinner.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Dale Scott figures hell hear plenty of foul language from angry hitters next season. Such is life for a Major League Baseball umpire.Theyll still yell at me when a 3-2 slider doesnt break their way, he told The Associated Press. But theyll be yelling at me because they didnt like my call, not because Im a gay umpire.Two weeks after Jason Collins retired as the NBAs first openly gay player, Scott added his name Tuesday to a growing list of gay and lesbian sports figures taking similar public steps. St. Louis Rams draft pick Michael Sam, NBA official Violet Palmer and WNBA star Brittney Griner are among those who have come out in recent years.Scott didnt want to make a huge announcement heading into his 30th big league season.The trade magazine Referee did a profile on the veteran crew chief in October, and didnt mention his sexuality. But the 55-year-old Scott wanted to share an important part of his life, and made the choice to include a picture of himself with partner Michael Rausch. They married in November 2013 in Palm Springs, California.The caption in Referee said: He and his longtime companion, Michael Rausch, travelled to Australia for the 2014 season opener between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.The website Outsports.com later interviewed Scott and posted its story Tuesday.Its not like this was a secret. Major League Baseball knew my situation and it hasnt had any effect on my career. Zero bearing, Scott told the AP. My fellow umpires have known for a long time.When I was home or out socially, I was gay, he said. In my professional life, I wasnt. At least, not officially.Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig praised Scott.To his friends and colleagues throughout the game, Dale is universally regarded as a class act, he said in a statement. All of us at Major League Baseball are very proud of him, jusst as we have always been. Kevin Duckworth Jersey. Scott has been an MLB umpire since 1986. He worked the World Series in 1998, 2001 and 2004, has called three All-Star games and plenty of playoff matchups, including the NL series between St. Louis and the Dodgers in October.Hes an excellent crew chief and umpire, MLB umpire Dan Iassogna told the AP.But above all, hes been a true friend to my family and me. Ive always been proud to walk with him, but never more proud than today, he said.No big league player or manager has been openly gay during their active career. Glenn Burke and Billy Bean are among the players who later said they were gay, as did umpire Dave Pallone.Scott said he understood coming out might open a Pandoras box when he takes the field next year.Well see when the season starts if this is still an issue, he said. I suspect no.In the immediate aftermath of the story becoming public, Scott said his cellphone and email blew up with messages.They all were all positive, except for one. I know thats going to happen, I understand it, he said.Scott met Rausch, an artist, after the 1986 season at a bar in Portland, Oregon. The two now split time between Portland and Palm Springs. When they married, the mayor of Palm Springs officiated the ceremony.Rausch is listed as Scotts domestic partner with MLB. The latest contract between the umpires union and MLB took effect in 2010 and permitted umps to include domestic partners to allow them to receive benefits.Scott said only once in his career has a player asked if he was gay, and that was through a mutual acquaintance, who brushed off the question.Im not saying there arent players on teams who havent heard things or mightve had an idea, he said. But no ones ever brought it up to me, or said anything about it to me while yelling at me for calling strike three. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz