Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

08.01.2020 02:57
The two contrasting styles will draw Antworten

WASHINGTON -- If Trevor Ariza can hit every 3-pointer he takes, if four starters can routinely score 20 points, if Marcin Gortat can keep asserting him as an inside scoring threat, and, well, if the opponent is always the Orlando Magic, the Washington Wizards will do just fine without Nene. Buck Buchanan Jersey . In their first game since their Brazilian big mans latest injury, the Wizards took advantage of a favourable opponent and showed they know how to win without him. John Wall had 27 points and seven assists, Trevor Ariza scored 22 points by making all five of his 3s, and Gortat added 21 points and 10 rebounds Tuesday night in a 115-106 win over the Magic. "I automatically tried to put myself in the situation to score," said Gortat, who was 9 for 13 from the field. "I yell to John. Sometimes hes going to yell back at me, then I would just say, Hey, Nenes not here. This is what Ive got to do to lead this team, help this team inside, and Im going to run to the block and demand the ball, and I believe Im capable of doing it." Bradley Beal added 21 points, giving Washington four 20-point scorers for the first time since April 6, 2010. The Wizards have won a season-high four in a row to move one game above .500. They also improved to 2-6 this season without the pivotal but oft-injured Nene, who sprained the MCL in his left knee Sunday in a win at Cleveland and is expected to miss six weeks. Victor Oladipo scored 26 points and Nikola Vucevic added 19 points and 14 rebounds for the Magic, who tied a single-season franchise record by losing their 16th consecutive road game. They remain without leading scorer Arron Afflalo, who missed his second game with a sprained right ankle. "We scored," Vucevic said. "We just couldnt get stops, and you cant do that on the road." In case there was any thought that Nenes injury would give the Wizards a convenient excuse to miss the post-season for the sixth straight year, owner Ted Leonsis began the day with a wakeup call via his blog, posting "Our goals have not changed in any way" and the team must overcome injuries and "whatever else comes our way." Leonsis has made it clear that another year in the NBA lottery would not be acceptable. The Wizards sit in fifth place in the weak Eastern Conference, and coach Randy Wittman and team president Ernie Grunfeld are both in the last season of their contracts. The Wizards are 60-61 when Nene plays and 9-34 when he doesnt since he was acquired in a trade two years ago. Washington also played Tuesdays game without forward Kevin Seraphin, who has a sore right knee. For the players, Leonsis message was hardly necessary. Theyre also tired of having the season end in mid-April. "If youre an All-Star and those type of players, youve got to step up and take on a bigger role," said Wall, who played in his first All-Star game this month. "And thats a situation Im willing to accept and do. ... Just having that energy that I have when play good against those other good point guards, to do it on a consistent basis, thats something I really have to step up to another level with Nene being out." The only starter in single digits was Nenes fill-in, Trevor Booker, who had three points and seven rebounds. The team planned to sign Drew Gooden to a 10-day contract in time for the next game, Thursday against the Toronto Raptors. The Wizards led for nearly the entire game, but it was never a blowout. Washington had a 17-point lead in the second and third quarters, but Oladipo and Vucevic led an 11-0 run to cut the deficit to six late in the third. The Magic got as close as eight in the final period, but Ariza got a fortuitous bounce on a 3-pointer to restore a comfortable lead. "I guess Ive been living right, doing the right things," Ariza said. "The shot clock was running down. It hit the front of the rim, I think it hit the backboard and went in, so its all good." NOTES: Orlando had no fast-break points. ... The Magic also lost 16 road games in a row in a single season in early 2006. The franchise record over more than one season is 17 -- the final 12 road games of last season and the first five of this season. ... The Magic had two new faces on the bench. C Dewayne Dedmon and swingman Adonis Thomas signed 10-day deals earlier in the day. Mike Pennel Jersey . -- Josh MacDonalds second goal of the game kept his team alive as the Peterborough Petes edged the host Kingston Frontencas 6-5 in overtime on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. Chris Burford Jersey . Last years runner-up, Sara Errani, also reached the last eight in straight sets. Flipkens converted all four of her break points against Meusburger, and the third-seeded Errani broke Karin Knapps serve five times to win their all-Italian match 6-4, 6-3. http://www.customchiefsjersey.com/custom-morris-claiborne-jersey-large-1476n.html .C. -- Authorities say the brother of Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White has been shot and killed outside a South Carolina nightclub.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Champ Bailey finally gets a chance to live up to his name. The 12-time Pro Bowler is headed to his first Super Bowl in his 15th -- and most trying -- NFL season, one in which he missed 11 games and parts of two others because of a nagging foot injury. "It hurt not being out there," Bailey said after Denver topped New England in the AFC championship game, "but here I am. Im on the field and my teams still in the running. Thats what its all about." Baileys subdued celebration and measured reaction in delirious Denver stood in stark contrast to the scene in Seattle later Sunday night, where Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman stole the spotlight with his game-saving deflection, his taunting of Michael Crabtree and his television rant on the field afterward. The two contrasting styles will draw much attention in the days leading up to the Super Bowl on Feb. 2. Sherman is the 25-year-old trash-talking leader of the leagues best defence, Bailey the 35-year-old sage of a unit thats been through the ringer this season, but has come on strong over the past month despite injuries that cost them several starters, including Von Miller and Chris Harris Jr. Bailey is one of the leagues top cornerbacks, but hes clearly on the downslope of his spectacular career that includes the most Pro Bowls by a defensive back in NFL history. Bailey was greeted in the locker room by former teammate John Lynch, who was with him the previous time hed come this close to the Super Bowl -- 2,919 days earlier. One week after sealing a playoff win with a 100-yard interception return to hand Tom Brady his first playoff loss back in 2006, Bailey had another interception in his grasp and the end zone in his sights, but Hines Ward somehow came down with the football instead and Pittsburgh went on to beat Denver 34-17 for the AFC title following the 2005 season. "I said hed play really big and I think quietly he really did," Lynch said. "Its been a tough year. Everyone thinks hes old, over the hill, but hes been a great player throughout his whole career and great players, when it matters most, play great." Bailey had no spectacular plays this time, no pick-6s or takeaways or forced fumbles or sacks, just his usual steady play and calming leadership. He was hardly tested bby Brady at all and finished with three tackles. Warren Moon Jersey. "I thought yesterday was his best performance of the season," coach John Fox said Monday. Peyton Manning, who knows a little bit about overcoming injuries and long odds to reach the Super Bowl, said he was "certainly happy for Champ, I know a lot of people are." "Theres a guy -- lets see, Champs one year younger than me so hes in his 15th season -- like I said, its hard to get to the Super Bowl. Its hard to win it, but Im telling you its hard to get there," Manning said. "... Im glad that hes back out there on the field. Hes battled through some injuries and has stayed at it and been committed to his rehab." Bailey started just three games this season, and he finished just one of those, against Jacksonville on Oct. 13. After aggravating his foot injury in his two other starts, he was relegated to slot duty by the time he finally got healthy in mid-December. That changed when Harris got hurt in the Broncos playoff win over San Diego and Bailey started Sunday opposite Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, then moved into the slot on passing downs to thwart the heart of the Patriots offence. "I knew Id be back at some point," Bailey said. "My coaches, teammates, they never gave up on me. They knew Id be back to 100 per cent at some point. Here I am, Im playing probably my best football of the year -- because I havent played much. Im just looking forward to the next one, making sure my body is right for the next game." And dont count on him getting caught up in the comparisons at the Super Bowl between him and Sherman, who represents this new breed of cornerback, the bigger, athletic DBs who trash talk as well as any of the receivers they cover. About the only trash-talking that came out of Baileys mouth Sunday was when he was asked about how the Broncos shut down the Patriots ground game. The Broncos held LeGarrette Blount to 6 yards on five carries a week after scoring four TDs against Indianapolis. "Well," Bailey said matter-of-factly, "they didnt play the Broncos last week." Notes: Fox said RB Knowshon Moreno is day to day after X-rays on his ribs were negative and CB Tony Carter has a pinched nerve but no concussion. ... The Broncos return to work Thursday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz