Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

28.12.2019 02:42
what an older Steve Downie looks like Antworten

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Bruce Sutter Jersey . -- Pardon Maxime Talbot if hes a little bit overwhelmed right now. He has a baby on the way and a new system to learn after being traded for the first time in his NHL career. The Colorado Avalanche acquired the veteran forward from the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday in exchange for Steve Downie. Talbot is expected to be in Dallas when the Avs face the Stars on Friday night. The move is somewhat of a surprise, with Colorado off to a 10-1 start and leading its division. But Talbots elated that it came to fruition and is eager to get to work under first-year coach Patrick Roy. "Ive been following their great start to the season, what theyve been doing," Talbot said in a phone interview as he waited for a plane bound for Dallas. "Im really excited to be part of it." The 29-year-old Talbot had a goal and an assist for the Flyers this season. He has also played for Pittsburgh, helping the Penguins to the 2009 Stanley Cup title. His priorities once he arrives in town? Find a place to stay -- and then a new doctor. His fiance is due in February. "That brings a little bit of stress into play," Talbot said. "Were excited to do this in Denver." Talbot already knows quite a few players on the Avalanche, including Matt Duchene and Jean-Sebastien Giguere. Oh, and video coach Mario Duhamel, too, Talbots coach when he was a teenager. "I get traded to a team that has a great deal of momentum right now. Its exciting," he said. "Theyre on top of the league and theres a reason for that. Theyre a young team. They have a deep roster with a lot of young skill and they should be good for years to come." Part of the reason for the deal, Roy said, is to beef up the Avalanches penalty-kill unit. The team has been short-handed with forward Cody McLeod serving a five-game suspension for his hit along the boards on Detroit Red Wings defenceman Niklas Kronwall two weeks ago. McLeod will sit out one more before returning to the lineup. "(Talbot) is a really good penalty-kill guy," Roy said. He has some scoring touch, too, finding the net 19 times in 2011-12. "I can bring versatility to the game and I like to play with emotion," Talbot said. "Ive heard only good things about Patrick Roy and the new wave." For Downie, this is a return to the city where he began his career. The Flyers drafted him with the 29th overall pick in 2005, before trading him to Tampa Bay in November 2008. The physical forward was acquired by the Avalanche in February 2012. Downie had a goal and six assists for Colorado this season. He missed most of last year with a knee injury. "Im excited to show Philly what an older Steve Downie looks like," he said. "I play the game hard. I like to play a physical game, crash the net as hard as I can. I play the game on the edge. "Im going to bring my energy every night and hopefully help this team win." Biff Pocoroba Jersey . At 11:06 of the first period, Neal struck Marchand with his knee when Marchand was down on the ice. Marchand remained in the game. Neal was assessed a kneeing penalty for his hit on Marchand. Pedro Borbon Jr. Jersey . Joel Embiid was nearly unstoppable in the paint in the second half, and Naadir Tharpe seemingly couldnt miss. http://www.custombravesjersey.com/custom-nick-markakis-jersey-large-1587z.html . The 20-year-old overager has appeared in 35 games for the Ontario Hockey Leagues Erie Otters this season, scoring 41 goals and adding 27 assists with a plus-28 rating.CLEVELAND -- Nick Swishers disappointing second season with the Indians is over. Swisher underwent surgery on both knees Wednesday, procedures the first baseman/outfielder hopes will alleviate pain and prolong his career. The 33-year-old has underperformed after getting a four-year, $56 million contract from the Indians before last season. He entered 2014 looking to improve on a sub-par first season with Cleveland, but hes not been able to produce and the Indians finally put him on the disabled list on Aug. 10. The Indians said Swishers surgery was in Los Angeles. Hell need 8 to 10 weeks to recover and is expected to make a full recovery. Indians manager Terry Francona is certain Swisher will do everything he can to get back. "Hell be real motivated and regardless of how much money youve made or whatever, guys want to be good players," Francona said in Minnesota. "Theres a lot of pride. Hes going to have his work cut out for him this winter but hes getting a head start on it, which is good, and so the majority of his winter will be maybe almost normal, because you get the rehab out of the way the next six weeks and have a pretty decent winter." After Indians team physician, Dr. Richard Parker, recommended surgery, Swisher got a second opinion from Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who is on the Dodgers medical staff. ElAttrache confirmed the earlier diagnosis that Swisher has chronic medial knee discomfort as a result of medial meniscus wear and tear in both knees. "Its definitely unfortunate," Indians infielderr Mike Aviles said. Jacob Webb Jersey. "Everyone knows the energy he brings and what he brings to the table. Its unfortunate that he was dealing with some pain in his knees and were pretty much losing him for the rest of the year here. Anytime you lose one of your veterans like that, its always tough, but at the same time weve got to come together more than ever and try to pick up the slack and try to move forward and win some ballgames." Before he was sidelined, Swisher was batting .208 with eight home runs and 42 RBIs in 97 games. Francona moved him off first base to see if that would reduce the pain. "I actually think playing the outfield was easier," Francona said. "Youre not starting and stopping. Its a weird thing because there were days when hed come in and hed feel great. And then it kind of grabbed him when we were in New York. To be honest, until you get in there you dont know. You kind of go on symptoms and how the player says he feels. " Last season, Swisher batted .246 -- his lowest average since 2008 -- and hit 22 homers with 63 RBIs, a career-low. Despite the drop-off, Swisher is one of just two AL players to hit at least 20 homers in each of the past nine seasons. The Indians have managed to stay in the playoff chase without Swisher. They entered Wednesdays game 6 1-2 games out of first place in the AL Central. Swisher has also played with the New York Yankees, White Sox and Oakland Athletics. ------ AP freelancer Patrick Donnelly in Minneapolis contributed to this report. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz