Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

21.12.2019 03:18
the Blue Jays recalled catcher Erik Kratz from Antworten

TSN 1050s Scott MacArthur and TSN contributors Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star and Gregor Chisholm of MLB. Cowboys Jerseys 2020 .com discuss why the Blue Jays are so inconsistent, J.A. Happs future in the rotation and manager John Gibbons usage of R.A. Dickey. Click here to listen to The Baseball Podcast. TORONTO - R.A. Dickey may have gotten the win on Tuesday night, his fourth victory of the season, but he suggested afterward he would spend the next 18 hours beating himself up over the way that seventh inning played out. Dickey started the inning with a 5-1 lead, the Jays had just scored three in the sixth to pad their advantage, but he wouldnt finish the inning. In fact, he didnt get an out over four batters. A lead off single by Asdrubal Cabrera could have been erased on a double play ground ball by David Murphy, but Brett Lawrie booted the hot shot at second base. A walk and a hit batter later, Torontos lead was cut to 5-2 and Dickeys night was over. Aaron Loup came in and chipped his way out of Dickeys jam, although two inherited runners scored to trim the lead to 5-4. That would be the games final score. The knuckleballer wants to pitch deeper into games but he knows his stat line isnt the top priority. "We want to win ballgames," said Dickey. "Regardless of how I feel about how deeply I go. If thats the right move, its the right move and if it ends in a win, great. I just think that Im more than capable with the stuff that I possess presently to be able to go deeper into games and I think I will." Dickeys thrown 53 2/3 innings over nine starts. Thats relatively simple math: hes averaging just less than six innings per start. Last year, Dickey averaged almost 6 2/3 innings per outing. There are a lot of starts left but using the current numbers, a two out per start difference means the Jays bullpen would be asked to pick up about 70 more outs in Dickeys starts over the course of a full year. "More frustrated is kind of how I feel," said Dickey. "I think some of its just baseball, i.e. a hit batsman or a single on a 1-2 count that you should have gotten the guy out on. I dont want to over-think it or overanalyze it but at the same time I also want to be honest about the things I maybe could do differently to get us deeper into the game." Dickey is healthy, something he couldnt say this time last year as he pitched through a strained muscle in his upper back. He isnt tiring later into games, something he suggested was happening earlier this season and when he studies his velocities inning-over-inning the readings reflect improved durability. Hes pleased just as much with the movement on his knuckleball. "I think, from my end, I just have to keep feeling good," said Dickey. "I think as long as Im healthy and feeling good over the course of the next 24 starts, quite a few of them Ill be able to go deeper into the game if I can just stay healthy." Dickey was drafted way back in 1996. He laughs when hes told it was 18 years ago, as if hes hearing it for the first time and cant believe how quickly time has passed. Theres certainly some truth to the latter. He remembers breaking into the game at a time when it was assumed starters would take the ball and for better or worse, keep it. "Its obvious that the majority of pitchers now, generationally that are new that come up into the game, have this 100-pitch threshold where its almost like theyve been convinced that thats as far as they are capable of going because thats always when theyve been taken out of games," said Dickey. "Early on, and Im talking about 2000, 2001 when I was first up, guys would routinely throw 120 (pitches) like it was nothing and they would just suck up the innings as much as they could." Dickey subscribes to the notion that strict pitch counts can affect a pitchers approach as a game wears on. "A starter that sees that hes close to 100 pitches maybe starts to anticipate that his time may be done instead of thinking to himself, Im going to keep going through this because this is my game," said Dickey. "Theres been a shift in mentality for sure." He remembers a start at Fenway Park last September. Dickey threw a complete-game eight innings in a 5-2 loss to the Red Sox. He was in trouble early but settled down, gave his team a chance to win and saved the bullpen a days work. He points to Drew Hutchisons start earlier this month in Philadelphia. Staked to a 5-0 lead and cruising, Hutchison coughed up five runs in the sixth inning but hung in to pitch the seventh and eighth. The Blue Jays would win 6-5 in 10 innings that night. "I do think that there are certain times on a case by case basis, depending on the game situation, where its good for the starter to grind through that seventh and eighth inning," said Dickey. "I did that a number of times last year when I would give up four or five runs and go seven or eight innings just to save the pen. Now, were early in the year, were trying to get wins, however (Gibbons) thinks that we can do that, thats what we should do." WAGNER ON THE CAROUSEL Neil Wagner is back with the Blue Jays, recalled before Wednesdays game against the Indians. Hes up for the second time this season. As a player with options remaining, trips to and from Buffalo are to be expected when part of an organization that sees value in regular player movement. "The fact that you know that thats just kind of how it is and that theres nothing that can be done about it doesnt make it any less frustrating but the bottom line is that if you go down there and put up your numbers and do your thing," said Wagner. "If you sit and mope youre not going to come back." Wagner replaces Chad Jenkins, who was optioned back to Buffalo for a third time, already, this season. Also, the Blue Jays recalled catcher Erik Kratz from the Bisons to fill the roster spot voided by Dioner Navarro, who was placed on the bereavement/family emergency list. Navarro can return at any time and has up to seven days to be away from the team. Stitched Cowboys Jerseys . While he was away, it was the division-rival Baltimore Orioles conducting a little business of their own, scooping up Ubaldo Jimenez on Monday evening to a reported four-year, $50-million contract. Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys . Cammalleri scored two goals, Corban Knight netted the winner in a shootout, and the Flames erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to beat the Stars 4-3 on Friday night. https://www.cowboysjerseysale.com/ .Hammel pitched inside more and it helped him get into the seventh inning as the Colorado Rockies beat the San Diego Padres 3-2 on Friday night.Rory McIlroy believes he needs to improve his mental approach despite a strong finish to a frustrating week at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. The four-time major champion went in to the final round 16 shots adrift of Jason Day after a disappointing week at Bay Hill, but carded two eagles and five birdies to close with an encouraging seven-under 65.McIlroy was never in contention for a first win of the season after Fridays second-round 67 was sandwiched between two 75s, while a double-bogey at the 14th during the final round was his sixth of the week and his most ever in a PGA Tour event. The world No 3 has carded more double-bogeys this week than any other tournament in his PGA Tour career I cant keep beating myself up mentally, McIlroy told Sky Sports. Thats something that Ive done this week for hitting bad shots and making mistakes. If I can be just a bit better mentally then hopefully thatll be the key for me.Even today I threw in a double-bogey, which has been the story of not just my week, but my season so far. I just need to eradicate the mistakes.If I can get rid of those mistakes and play some of the golf that I have been playing, then theres no reason why I cant go on and content a lot of weeks this year.McIlroy followed a long-range birdie at the second with back-to-back gains from the fourth, before chipping in to eagle the sixth and picking up another stroke at the ninth. McIlroy carded two eagles during his final round After reaching the turn in 30, McIlroy struggled to make further movement up the leaderboard and ran up a double-bogey at the short 14th.However, the world No 3 recovered well to post a second eagle at the par-5 sixth before finishing his week by draining a long-range birdie from almost 60 feet.Bryson [DeChambeau] and myself both got off to a great start, McIlroy said. I think we fed off one another early on and we were just trying to keep it going.I hit a little bit of a lull at the start of the back nine when I was really trying to push on and make a few more birdies but made up for that with my finish on the last three holes. Dallas Cowboys Gear. Rory McIlroy sinks a monster birdie putt to end his final round at Bay Hill on 65 Its a nice way to round off the week. I was really disappointed coming off the course yesterday after feeling like my game was in really good shape coming here.Weve seen glimpses of that this week with a 67 which could have been a lot better on Friday and then a 65 today.McIlroy is back in action next week when he attempts to defend his WGC Dell Match Play title, in what will be his final appearance before next months Masters.Its all about Augusta, the 26-year-old added. Next week is a bit of a weird week for my final competitive week going into Augusta, but it will be great to get some matches under my belt.Match play is like being in contention on a weekend from the very first hole so I think thats going to be a great thing for me to see if I can play this sort of golf under pressure when I need to.I am excited for next week but obviously looking ahead, Im very excited for Augusta. Also See: WATCH: McIlroys big birdie Third round highlights Bay Hill leaderboard Golf live on Sky Sports 4 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz