Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

17.12.2019 03:19
Athletics manager Bob Melvin is already Antworten

BOSTON -- The Bruins pelted Carey Price with 51 shots. Vans Old Skool Italia . An overtime bid by Bostons Carl Soderberg slid across the crease behind the goalie but didnt go in. The team with the NHLs best regular-season record had plenty of chances. So coach Claude Julien says the Bruins are feeling positive after the Montreal Canadiens 4-3, double-overtime victory in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals Thursday night. "Of course it is," he said Friday. "There was no panic after the game. It was only Game 1 and its a long series." And Canadiens coach Michel Therrien didnt sound overconfident going into Game 2 on Saturday. "The Bruins," he said, "were the best team in the league all season long and they had a good first round and they played a solid game (Thursday)." But after having nine days off after Montreals sweep of Tampa Bay, Therrien thinks his team can improve. Price was outstanding, but the Canadiens know they cant let 51 shots get through to him again. "He stole that game for us," forward Brian Gionta said. The Bruins helped. Sloppy play led to 13 takeaways by Montreal, while Boston had just three. The Bruins also allowed two goals on the three power plays after the Canadiens had just two in 13 opportunities in the four games against the Lightning. The Bruins, after five days off, started slowly and trailed 2-0 after the second period on goals by P.K. Subban on a power play and Rene Bourque. Boston tied it in the first seven minutes of the third on goals by Reilly Smith and Torey Krug. "We had some great chances there in the second half of the second. It just took us a while to get our game going," Julien said. "I thought from midway through the second period on, thats where we were at our best." Francis Bouillon gave Montreal the lead midway through the third period before Johnny Boychuk tied it with 1:58 left in regulation. The Bruins took 14 shots in the first overtime then lost on Subbans power-play goal 4:17 into the second overtime. "We need to do a better job boxing out, blocking shots, and disturbing their entries" on power plays, Boston centre Patrice Bergeron said, "doing a better job on our forecheck. Thats all." But Bergeron, one of the NHLs top faceoff players, lost the draw and Subban scored just seven seconds after a penalty to Bostons Matt Bartkowski. Bruins defenceman Zdeno Chara didnt have enough time to get in front of Subbans blast from the blue line. "Its tough for him to come out and block that shot," Subban said. "I think he did all he could to get in my lane, but by the time he already did, I had already let it go." So now the Bruins are in the same spot where they were after Game 1 of the opening round. They lost 1-0 to Detroit then won the next four games to advance. Three years ago, they lost the first two games of the first round at home against Montreal then won it in seven games and went on to capture the Stanley Cup. "I dont think we can even think about winning the series," Subban said. "When there is success you have to take it and get better." The Bruins had plenty of success putting shots on Price. Boychuk had six and Bartkowski, David Krejci and Smith had five each. "Those games are going to happen. You just hope they dont happen in the playoffs," Smith said. "They have a good goaltender on the other side, and its something we really have to focus on, making life a little bit more difficult on him." After a close game in which they outplayed the Canadiens in several aspects, the Bruins expect to show resiliency, just as they did after falling behind 2-0 and 3-2 on Thursday. "We didnt get the first one," Boston right wing Jarome Iginla said, "but, at the same time, we did a lot of things that we feel are a part of our game and were effective, and we stay with that." But the Canadiens wont be satisfied with gaining a split in Boston. "The Bruins played a really solid game," Therrien said. "The thing I know and I believe is that our team is going to be better next game." Balenciaga Scarpe Scontate . -- Athletics manager Bob Melvin is already starting to run out of superlatives to describe Scott Kazmir. Air Max 97 Plus Scontate .S. womens soccer team to a 2-0 win over China in Colorado in the afternoon. http://www.scontateoutletairmax.it/air-force-1-economiche/air-force-1-nere-italia.html . Vonn flew back to Vail, Colo., last week after hurting her surgically repaired right knee at a downhill race in France. "Her knee was swollen again after Val dIsere," U.S. womens head coach Alex Hoedlmoser told The Associated Press.NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The CJ2K era is over in Tennessee, just the latest step by the Titans in their franchise makeover. The Titans told Chris Johnson they are releasing him Friday after six seasons to avoid paying $8 million the running back is due in 2014, along with the final three seasons left on the $53.5 million contract he signed in September 2011. His release comes before the Titans start their off-season program Monday with new coach Ken Whisenhunt. General manager Ruston Webster said the Titans thank Johnson for his contributions, setting so many franchise records and being durable over his six seasons with Tennessee. "We have had an open dialogue with Chris agent, Joel Segal, over the last few weeks, and we appreciate the patience and professionalism they have shown throughout this process," Webster said in statement. "We made an effort to trade Chris but were unable to do so." The Titans have been busy working to replace Johnson, who turns 29 in September. They agreed with Dexter McCluster on a three-year deal at the start of free agency after signing Shonn Greene in March 2013. The Titans also re-signed Jackie Battle recently, along with reaching a one-year deal for kick returner and running back Leon Washington on March 11. Adding another running back in the May draft also is expected. It didnt help that Johnson repeatedly said he wouldnt take a pay cut. The Titans didnt face a deadline that would have guaranteed the $8 million Johnson was due in 2014 until the first week of the regular season, but Johnson planned to report for the start of the off-season program Monday. He flew into Nashville late Thursday night to meet with the Titans on Friday. "Id like to thank all of my teammates, the fans, the staff and the coaches who have supported me throughout my journey with the Titans," Johnson said in a statement." I have grown so much as an individual and as teammate over the past few years, and I am excited about the opportunity to bring my experience and talents tto a new organization. Air Max 95 Scontate. Im looking forward to the next chapter and cant wait to contribute to my new team." Johnson got that big contract in 2011 after holding out through the preseason, calling himself a playmaker who deserved to be paid. He does have the most touchdown runs of 80 yards or longer in NFL history with six — twice the total of anyone else in a group including Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders and O.J. Simpson. He also has 12 career TD runs of at least 45 yards, trailing only Sanders (18) and Jim Brown (13) in that category. He is just the sixth player to rush for 1,000 yards in each of his first six seasons, along with Sanders, Curtis Martin, LaDainian Tomlinson, Eric Dickerson and Corey Dillon. But Johnson has fallen far short of the 2,006-yard season he posted in 2009, the sixth man to rush for at least 2,000 yards. He earned the nickname CJ2K for such exploits, but last season he went until the final game to top 1,000 and finished with 1,077 yards — the second lowest total of his career. He also had a career-low 3.9-yard average. He was at his best catching 42 passes for 345 yards with four TDs, including a long of 66 yards. Greene, speaking on SiriusXM radio Friday, called Johnson a great teammate he had hoped would be back. Greene credited Johnson with teaching him a lot. "I still think he has a lot more, and hes going to prove that," Greene said. The Titans have been remaking the franchise this off-season since owner Bud Adams died in October. His son-in-law, Tommy Smith, took over as president, and the Titans fired coach Mike Munchak in January. Whisenhunt was hired to get this franchise back into the playoffs after a five-year drought, and he kept Sylvester Croom as the Titans running backs coach. Durability remains Johnsons best attribute. The 24th pick overall in 2008 out of East Carolina, Johnson has never missed a game because of injury. He had surgery after the season to repair a torn meniscus that he played with most of the year. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz