Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 108 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

16.12.2019 03:14
it was Derek Jeter who went to the ball boy Antworten

ST. Danny Ferry Jersey . PETERSBURG, Florida – The Blue Jays remain hopeful that Jose Reyess and Casey Janssens stints on the disabled list will be brief and with that, roster decisions are looming in the next 10 to 14 days. “Ideally, we wouldnt carry three,” said general manager Alex Anthopoulos of the clubs current catching situation. “Its really game-to-game right now.” Dioner Navarro is locked in as the starting catcher and Josh Thole broke camp as the back-up specifically because of his history and comfort level with knuckleballer R.A. Dickey. Erik Kratz, a late-camp cut, ended up beginning the season with the Blue Jays as Janssens roster replacement. If all else was equal, it would have been Kratz in Tholes spot. The prevailing opinion during spring training was that Kratz would be the backup because, while not a batting average or on-base percentage hitter, Kratz offers a power threat that Thole doesnt. Kratz hit 18 home runs in 375 at-bats playing behind Carlos Ruiz in Philadelphia over the last two seasons. In a pinch-hit at-bat on opening day, his first at-bat as a Blue Jay, Kratz launched a two-run home run over the centre field fence. Thole hit .175/.256/.242 for a .497 OPS last season. A left-handed bat, his insertion into the line-up on days when Dickey lines up against the divisions top left-handers like David Price, CC Sabathia and Jon Lester, creates a significant hole at the bottom of the order. The back-up catcher likely will have to play more this season – Navarro hasnt appeared in more than 89 games since 2009. One wonders if theres wisdom in tying another roster spot to Dickey, one pitcher who throws a specific pitch. “The thing is Josh has had some offensive success,” said Anthopoulos. “I know he didnt have it last year and the second half of the year with the Mets in 2012 but in the past, if you look at it, hes been a .700 OPS guy, he can draw some walks, low strikeout rate, he can put the ball in play and grind out some at-bats.” Anthopoulos cautions against jumping to conclusions, reminding that rosters can be changed in a heartbeat. The Blue Jays could play an 18-inning game, necessitating the recall of a reliever in support of a tired bullpen; somebody else could get hurt. There are a number of variables, a number of possibilities. “Obviously, Josh was the guy who made the team out of spring,” said Anthopoulos. “That hasnt changed at all and well see as the year goes along.” HAPPS ROLE J.A. Happ threw a light side session on Wednesday as he works his way back from a back problem. Hes eligible to come off the disabled list on April 13 and, at the moment, there isnt a spot for Happ in the starting rotation. Anthopoulos hasnt yet approached Happ about being a reliever. “Well deal with all that,” said Anthopoulos. “Hopefully, like anything, we have five starters that are rolling and theyre winning all their games and we have too many starters. Thatd be a great problem to have. Id sign up for that right now. You deal with those things as they come. Everyday something else can happen, in the next 10 days, two weeks. You cant plan that far ahead.” ANTHOPOULOS ISNT SHOPPING FOR INFIELDER A self-explanatory headline. Anthopoulos isnt looking to swing a deal for a middle infielder to support the club while Reyes is out. “We expect Jose to be back somewhat soon,” said Anthopoulos. Bob Sura Jersey .com) - The Miami Heat stopped a four-game losing streak last time out and thats the same length slide their opponents Wednesday night, the Denver Nuggets, will try to halt when the two teams meet at the Pepsi Center. Tyrone Hill Jersey . The third baseman whipped the ball across the diamond to second baseman Aaron Hill. He quickly tossed it to shortstop Chris Owings, who flipped over his shoulder to left fielder Cody Ross. https://www.cheapcavaliers.com/892q-mark-price-jersey-cavaliers.html . Price also posted the longest shutout sequence since 1960 at 164:19 minutes. He stopped a combined 55 shots in Canadas final two games and 70 of 71 shots in Canadas three elimination games, allowing only a breakaway goal to Lauris Darzins of Latvia. For his efforts, Price was named best goalkeeper by the tournament directorate. Prices outstanding play is marred only by the extremely strong defensive play of Canadas top six defencemen; Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, Drew Doughty, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Alex Pietrangelo and Jay Bouwmeester. NEW YORK -- At least on this day, Chris Tillman and the Baltimore Orioles were better than the best pitcher in the big leagues this season. Tillman tossed seven innings of four-hit ball and Baltimore beat the New York Yankees 8-0 Sunday, handing Masahiro Tanaka his second major league loss. "Hes some kind of pitcher," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "We were fortunate to catch him on a day when he wasnt as sharp as he normally is." Jonathan Schoop homered off Tanaka for the second time and fellow rookie Caleb Joseph capped the scoring with his first career homer. J.J. Hardy hit a three-run double for the Orioles, who spoiled Old-Timers Day at Yankee Stadium and took two of three from their AL East rivals. After squandering a ninth-inning lead in Friday nights loss, Baltimore outhomered the Yankees 6-1 and outscored them 14-1 in the final two games of the series. "What does it say about this team? That we have a short memory," Hardy said. New York slugger Mark Teixeira left in the eighth after getting hit on the toes of his left foot by an 85 mph slider from T.J. McFarland. Teixeira hobbled toward first, then slammed his helmet to the ground in anger before heading into the dugout. X-rays were negative, manager Joe Girardi said. "I thought it was broken again. I took it out on my helmet," Teixeira said. "Just breathing a sigh of relief right now." Tillman (6-4) snapped a two-start skid, though he pitched well in those outings, and improved to 6-0 on the road -- though he entered with a 6.33 ERA away from home. "I made some adjustments during my side sessions and I was able to carry them out to the mound with me today," Tillman said. Tanaka (11-2) allowed three runs in seven innings, giving him a quality start all 15 times out this season. But the Yankees provided no support for the Japanese rookie, who entered with the most wins in the majors and the best ERA (1.99) in the American League. His only other defeat came on May 20 against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. Then he went 5-0 with a 1.26 ERA in his next five starts before Sunday. Hardy hit a bases-loaded double in a four-run eighth against Adam Warren after a disputed call went against the Yankees. As he tried for aa double play, third baseman Kelly Johnson was taken out by Steve Pearce on what appeared to be an illegal slide too far from the bag. Damon Jones Jersey. Girardi called it a "pretty malicious" and "dangerous" play, but Pearce said he wasnt trying to hurt Johnson. Manny Machado chopped an RBI single, and Joseph homered in the ninth. Joseph said he was excited that his first home run came at Yankee Stadium, and he ran up the tunnel and hid for a while to turn the tables on his teammates who were planning the silent treatment. The 28-year-old catcher got the souvenir ball back, and said he was told it was Derek Jeter who went to the ball boy and made sure of it. "He might have been the only one on the field that knew it was my first major league home run," Joseph said. "Im really thankful that he did that." Schoop homered to left on a 2-2 pitch in the second, making the 22-year-old infielder from Curacao the only big league player to go deep twice against Tanaka. Schoop also connected for a three-run shot at Yankee Stadium on April 9, when Tanaka ended up with a no-decision in Baltimores 5-4 victory. "I saw the ball pretty well. It was up," Schoop said. "I think he missed a little bit." Hardy singled to start the seventh and went to third on Machados double. Schoop had an RBI groundout, and Joseph hit a long sacrifice fly after fouling off a suicide squeeze attempt. "I feel like that I kind of let the game go there," Tanaka said through a translator. NOTES: Before the game, Hall of Fame reliever Goose Gossage was honoured with a plaque to be put in Monument Park -- part of festivities for the 68th annual Old-Timers Day at Yankee Stadium. Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford, both in their 80s, waved from a golf cart and received standing ovations. ... The recorded voice of late public address announcer Bob Sheppard welcomed fans to Old-Timers Day. Showalter, who managed the Yankees from 1992-95, was introduced to a warm ovation. He popped out of the dugout in full Orioles gear and waved to the crowd before hugging former GM Gene Michael and other ex-Yankees along the third base line. ... Baltimore signed veteran LHP Randy Wolf to a minor league contract. Wolf was cut by Miami last week. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz