Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

13.12.2019 03:27
cent success rate at the plate long proven Antworten

ST. Antonee Robinson Jersey . PAUL, Minn. -- With a playoff spot already secured and a journeyman goalie starting, another loss by the Minnesota Wild to the St. Louis Blues seemed inevitable. Not so fast. Kyle Brodziak scored two goals and John Curry made 43 saves in his Wild debut to lead Minnesota over the struggling Blues 4-2 on Thursday night. Nino Niederreiter added a goal and an assist to help the Wild snap a nine-game losing streak against the Blues and win for the sixth time in seven games. "I was obviously very thankful to get the opportunity, no matter how it went," said Curry, whose father was childhood friends with Blues owner Tom Stillman. "But just based on my career, I know you dont get many of these. So its good to have success and to play well when you get the chance." St. Louis dropped its fourth straight and also lost star T.J. Oshie after he was shouldered in the face by Wild enforcer Mike Rupp halfway through a chaotic second period. Rupp was ejected, and Oshie dabbed blood from his mouth as he moved slowly back to the locker room after being down on the ice for 5 minutes. Rupp was assessed a match penalty for intent to injure. Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said Oshie is day to day. "I havent seen it because the bench was up. Ill look at video on the plane," Hitchcock said. "Obviously, Oshies out. Like everybody else at this time of year, hes day to day, but certainly a tough hit to take right now." Kevin Shattenkirk and Jaden Schwartz scored for the Blues. Curry, the fifth goalie Minnesota has started against St. Louis in five games, was called up to make his fifth NHL start. The Minnesota native had allowed 22 goals in his previous five games at AHL Iowa, but turned away four early power-play shots and had 17 saves in the first period to establish himself in his first NHL start since Jan. 11, 2010. "Weve got to find a way to outwork the goalie, get more traffic," Schwartz said. "There were pucks all around the net, all around him and we just couldnt find a way to bang it in. We did a good job of getting it there, but weve got to find a way to outwork these goalies." The way Curry was playing, outworking him might not have been an option. "Im sure one of those saves is going to be on NHL Tonight," Niederreiter said. Minnesota led 1-0 after the first on Niederreiters 14th goal and was controlling play during the first half of the second. Then, Rupp, playing for the first time since Feb. 1, knocked Oshie out of the game, and Shattenkirk tied it with a 5-on-3 goal a few seconds later. Brodziak and Schwartz traded short-handed goals before Matt Moulson buried his 23rd of the season at 17:30 to send the Wild into the second intermission with a 3-2 lead. It took Brodziak only 58 seconds to extend Minnesotas lead to 4-2 in the third period with his eighth goal. "It definitely felt good. But yeah, the whole game felt good," Brodziak said. "Everybody was involved and really focused on what we tried to accomplish, and we got er done tonight." Blues goalie Ryan Miller, who had stopped only nine of 13 shots, didnt leave immediately after Brodziaks second goal, but skated back to the locker room and was replaced by Brian Elliott at 16:22 of the third. Miller has allowed four goals in three straight games. After Brodziaks first goal, Blues centre Steve Ott was given a 10-minute game misconduct penalty for inciting the opponent. "Its frustrating. Its not fun losing," Schwartz said. "These are big, important games for us and its a big time of the year. Were confident in here that we can turn this around and we got two more games to do that." St. Louis entered the game second in the Western Conference, and theres a strong chance these teams could meet in the first round of the playoffs. St. Louis had pushed the Wild around all season, but the momentum appears to be shifting as both teams approach the post-season. In addition to beating the Blues, Minnesota has recently defeated Boston, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles. "Our confidence has been starting to grow game-by-game just by the way were playing, the way we come out every night," Brodziak said. "Were not getting down." NOTES: The Blues have been outscored 16-4 during their four-game slide. ... Wild D Christian Folin made his NHL debut and recorded an assist. ... Oshie hasnt scored a point since recording a hat trick against Minnesota on March 27. USA Soccer Store . Ben Street scored twice for the Heat (17-5-1), who won their fourth game in a row and 13th in their last 14 outings. Brett Bulmer scored the lone goal for the Wild (6-11-0), who dropped their sixth straight contest. USA Soccer Gear . Mauer struck out to end the inning, with a runner on third base in the seventh on Wednesday and the Twins trailing 1-0. Everybody does this, of course, in a sport with a 30 per cent success rate at the plate long proven to be a benchmark of excellence. https://www.cheapusasoccer.com/ . - The Mavericks built a 12-point lead with 2:50 to play, gave away all but two points of it, and still managed to hang on.Spencer Dinwiddie expects to be healthy and wealthy by summers end. The University of Colorado star point guard announced Thursday hes skipping his senior season and will declare for the NBA draft. Dinwiddie said at a news conference in Boulder, Colo., that despite this years deep pool of talent, "I just dont feel there are that many people in this draft that are better than me." Dinwiddies junior season was cut short when he tore his left ACL Jan. 12 at Washington and needed reconstructive surgery. He said he expects to be back on the court by August. "I think Ive got first-round talent across the board," he said. "Everybody of course is going to doubt my knee. (But, my) being able to go first week in August and being ready for the season, ... youre going to get Spencer Dinwiddie, not Spencer Dinwiddie with a bad knee." A Los Angeles native, Dinwiddie was averaging 14.7 points and nearly four assists when he got hurt. The Buffs were 14-2 with a signature win over Kansas and ranked 15th at the time. They finished 23-12 and lost to Pittsburgh in their NCAA tournament opener. Dinwiddie called it a bittersweet day, saying it was a difficult decision because he loves the program. Had he decided to return next season, the Buffaloes were expected to be a top-10 team nationally. "Weighing the chance to do something special here versus something that is more what I would like to do probably, it was really tough," Dinwiddie said. He said he was swayed last weekend when his doctor in Houston compared his recovery from knee surgery to that of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who returned from a torn ACL to win NFL MVP honours two seasons ago. This is the third time in four years Colorado coach Tad Boyle has lost a star underclassman to the prospect of NBA riches. Alec Burks bolted after his sophomore season in 2011 and was chosen 12th overall by the Utah Jazz and Andre Roberson left last year and was selected 26th overall by Minnesota before bbeing traded to Oklahoma City. Daniel Lovitz Jersey. "Well, it doesnt make it any easier," Boyle said, but he drops their names on the recruiting trail. "You always have to use everything that happens in a positive light as best you can. Its hard as a coach when you look -- I dont let myself think about it as a coach too often -- but sometimes youre driving down the road and youre like, OK, if we had a healthy Spencer and Andre together this year with the rest of the squad that we got how special it could be. How good could we be with Spencer next year coming back? "Those are questions that kind of float into your mind, but theyve got to get out of your mind quickly. This program, we talk about it with our team a lot, its bigger than any one person, any one coach, any one player." The Buffaloes have four other point guards on their roster for 2014-15: juniors Xavier Talton and Eli Stalzer, sophomore Jaron Hopkins and incoming freshman Dominique Collier, who was named 2014 "Mr. Colorado Basketball" after leading Denver East to the Class 5A state championship. Dinwiddie said the Buffs should still be good next season without him and hes seen Collier play and suggested he, too, has a bright future. Boyle said the way the Buffs bounced back from Dinwiddies injury and subsequent midseason slump to rally and make the NCAA tournament for the third straight season was a testament to the programs strength. "Like Spencer said, weve got good players in this program and were going to continue to recruit good players to this program," Boyle said. "It certainly doesnt make it easier ... but again, we try to build sustained success. At some point everythings going to come together and the stars are going to align and guys are going to be healthy and well hopefully have a couple of NBA players on the floor at the same time playing together at the peak of their careers. "When that happens, we can make the next jump and blow the doors off this place." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz