Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

13.12.2019 03:14
Gary Browne was the lone West Virginia Antworten

DENVER - Carlos Gonzalez is crossing his swollen left index finger that a little break can finally fix his dinged-up digit. Shareef Abdur-Rahim Jersey . After dealing with a finicky finger for most of the season, the Colorado Rockies All-Star outfielder was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday. A difficult choice, he said, but he decided that enough was finally enough. Unable to grip the bat with the finger so inflamed, his average has dipped to .255 this season. This from a career .300 hitter. "Everybody knows Im not the same player out there," the 28-year-old Gonzalez said. "I dont think its just smart to play that way and keep hurting the team when I have teammates that are doing really good. I think this is the best option right now." To take Gonzalezs place on the roster, the Rockies recalled infielder Ryan Wheeler from Triple-A Colorado Springs. They also recalled catcher Michael McKenry from Colorado Springs and designated catcher Jordan Pacheco for assignment. The break will give Gonzalez a chance to rest not only his ailing finger, but a balky left knee thats given him trouble at times. "Deep down, he feels like this is his best shot to get healthy," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "I told him that there are four months left in the season. A couple of weeks right now to be healthy the rest of the way? That would be a good trade off." He agreed. An easy decision given the way his replacement in left field, Corey Dickerson, is swinging the bat right now. Dickerson is hitting .345 with seven homers. "A guy whos been really hot like Dickerson — I think hes the best option right now at the plate," said Gonzalez, who was bothered by a sprained right middle finger last season, playing in just 19 games after the All-Star break. "For me, Ive just got to heal and be the CarGo that everybody knows." Head trainer Keith Dugger said the plan is to simply let the finger rest for a little bit. They will also massage the digit and do "some little tricks we have." "He just needs time off from swinging — bottom line," Dugger added. "I cant give you a timeframe. I dont know if two weeks is going to be enough." Dugger said they will test out the finger in about 10 days. "If theres no improvement, you back off again," Dugger said. "If theres improvement, you move forward." Weiss remains confident that once Gonzalez gets his finger situation resolved, hell return to the form that led him to be an All-Star the last two seasons. "His track record is pretty good," Weiss said. "Hes going to hit and hes going to perform. Its just tough performing in this league, trying to work around nagging injuries." Jim Washington Jersey . The Laval Rouge et Or defensive back/kick-returner gained the invitation following his showing Sunday at an NFL regional combine in Baltimore. Kevin Willis Jersey . - After spending the morning in the hospital, Logan Couture gave the San Jose Sharks the spark they needed. https://www.cheaphawks.com/1814r-jabari-parker-jersey-hawks.html . Kansas City became the first team in baseball history to win four extra-inning games in a single postseason on Friday, as Alex Gordon crushed a leadoff homer in the 10th and Mike Moustakas added the deciding two-run blast in the Royals 8-6 win.Austin, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Cameron Ridley scored 19 points to power 20th-ranked Texas to a 77-50 rout of No. 16 West Virginia on Saturday at the Erwin Center. Myles Turner added 16 points off the bench and Jonathan Holmes contributed 16 with 11 rebounds for the Longhorns (13-4, 2-2 Big 12), who had lost two straight. Texas had a week off since last Saturdays 11-point setback at Oklahoma State and played swarming defense, limiting West Virginia to just 24.1 percent shooting. I really liked our practices leading up to this week, said Texas coach Rick Barnes. I thought thats where we got better really, where our focus in practice was a lot better. We competed harder in practice. I really like how these guys prepared mentally and focused. Our defense was terrific. Gary Browne was the lone West Virginia player in double figures with 14 points. The Mountaineers (15-3, 3-2 Big 12) entered the contest with the most road and neutral-site wins in the country at nine. Juwan Staten, West Virginias leading scorer at 15.8 points per game, made just 1-of-7 from the field and finished with three points. Jonathan Holton scored the first five points of the game for West Virginia, but the Mountaineers went cold from there and the Longhorns heated up with an 18-2 run. Ridley scored eight during the burst for Texas, capping it with a short jumpeer for an 18-7 lead. Charlie Brown Jersey. Tarik Phillip hit a pair of free throws for West Virginias lone points during the span before Browne hit a 3-pointer to end the Mountaineers nearly nine-minute field goal drought. West Virginia got as close as seven and trailed by nine with 3 1/2 minutes left in the half, but Texas closed with a 7-2 run to take a 37-23 advantage to the intermission. The Mountaineers got only as close as 10 in the second half, as a free throw by Elijah Macon made it 54-44. Texas followed with an 18-3 run to put it away. It comes down to a degree of whoever has the greatest will, said West Virginia coach Bob Huggins. They played the game the way they wanted to play. We certainly didnt play the way we wanted to play. They imposed their will on us and we didnt respond to it very well. Game Notes West Virginia hadnt scored fewer than 64 points all season ... The Longhorns held a 44-32 rebounding advantage ... Texas scored 21 points off 17 West Virginia turnovers ... The Longhorns committed 19 turnovers, leading to just eight West Virginia points ... Texas, which won three games against West Virginia last season, improved to 6-3 all-time against the Mountaineers ... The Longhorns will visit TCU on Monday, while West Virginia has a week off until hosting TCU next Saturday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz