Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

16.11.2019 08:54
Lowry said of Pattersons ability to step into the Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Twice during their extra-inning game against the Cincinnati Reds on Monday night, the Washington Nationals appeared to have game-winning hits. Cheap White Sox Jerseys . Twice, the Reds made outstanding catches. There would be no third chance as Todd Fraziers two-run homer in the 15th inning lifted the Reds over the Nationals 4-3. "All you can do is hit and sometimes you wish you could steer it after you hit it, but that doesnt happen," Nationals manager Matt Williams said after watching his team tie the game in the ninth and nearly win it in the 11th and 14th. First, Brandon Phillips robbed Wilson Ramos behind second base with a runner on third to end the 11th. Then in the 14th, Billy Hamilton got a great jump and made a diving grab in right centre of Anthony Rendons liner with a man on second. "I hit it good," Rendon said. "I knew it and I knew he had a chance of catching it, but I was hoping it might die and it didnt die." Phillips singled off Ross Detwiler (0-2) to open the 15th and with one out, Frazier homered to centre. "I (wanted) to drive something. I had two good at-bats before that. Its crazy how the game goes," Frazier said. "Youre 0 for 3 and then you get three more at-bats in extra innings and you go 3 for 3. So its like a whole new game and I got a ball up, elevated and tried to drive it." The home run also ended a 27 2-3 innings scoreless streak by the Nationals bullpen. "Bad execution, bad pitch selection, pretty much bad all the way around," Detwiler said Logan Ondrusek (1-2) worked two innings for the win, allowing an RBI single to Greg Dobbs in the bottom of the 15th before getting Danny Espinosa to fly out to deep right to end the 4-hour, 58-minute game. Washington trailed 2-1 when Espinosa doubled to left off Aroldis Chapman to start the ninth. He advanced to third on a fly to deep left-centre by Kevin Frandsen and scored on pinch-hitter Scott Hairstons fly to deep left. That rally cost Reds starter Mike Leake his first win since April 15. Monday night was the first meeting between Leake and Stephen Strasburg, youth league teammates in San Diego and 2009 first-round draft choices, with Strasburg going first overall and Leake eighth. Strasburg went seven innings, allowing two runs and six hits. He walked only one, but hit two batters, both of whom scored. Both teams had their share of chances. The Reds were 2 for 24 with runners in scoring position, and the Nationals were 2 for 18. The Reds were without first baseman Joey Votto (strained left quadriceps), who is rehabbing in Cincinnati, for the fourth straight game. Trailing 2-0, Washington finally got to Leake in the seventh. Nate McLouth singled with one out and took second on a wild pitch. With two outs, Denard Span singled to right, scoring McLouth and ending Leakes night after 110 pitches. The Reds used their legs to take a 1-0 lead in the fourth. Frazier was hit by a pitch with one out and went to third on Brayan Penas single. With Chris Heisey at the plate, Ramos blocked a pitch by Strasburg in the dirt and Pena broke for second. Frazier dashed home when Ramos threw to second and second baseman Espinosas only play was on Pena, who was tagged out in a rundown. The Reds made it 2-0 in the fifth. Zack Cozart was hit on the arm by a fastball by Strasburg. On a hit-and-run play, Hamilton singled him to third and Cozart scored on a single to centre by Skip Schumaker. NOTES: Williams said rookie RHP Blake Treinen will be called up from Triple-A Syracuse to make LHP Gio Gonzalezs scheduled start Thursday in Pittsburgh. Gonzalez (left shoulder inflammation) went on the 15-day DL Sunday. Treinen has made four appearances, including one start, for Washington. ... Williams said 1B Adam LaRoche (right quad strain) took pregame grounders for the first time since going on the DL on May 10. . Cincinnatis Jonny Cueto (4-2, 1.25) opposes Doug Fister (0-1, 4.76) on Tuesday. Yolmer Sanchez Jersey . He liked what he saw on Tuesday night. Not only did his team post a comeback 3-2 victory in a shootout over the Montreal Canadiens, but the rival Washington Capitals were beaten 5-1 in Buffalo. George Kell Jersey . Hes the same player he always was, only now his efforts are being rewarded. The rookie manager has made a habit of heaping praise on others when things are going well, and accepting criticism when they arent. But in the case of Hurtado, its what the coach is NOT saying that may be the secret to a superb run of form. https://www.cheapwhitesox.com/1064e-carlton-fisk-jersey-white-sox.html . -- Adam Tambellini scored three times and set up one more as the Calgary Hitmen won their sixth in a row by crushing the host Lethbridge Hurricanes 8-1 on Saturday in Western Hockey League play.TORONTO -- Patrick Patterson knows his role and, usually, its making an impact off the bench. But on Monday, the back-up forward got his first start since coming to Toronto two months ago and made the most of it, pouring in a season-high 22 points as the Raptors defeated New Orleans 108-101. "My role doesnt change whether its starting, or whether Im coming off the bench," said Patterson, who learned earlier in the day he would join the starting five in place of Amir Johnson, sidelined with a right ankle injury. "Setting screens, rebounding, shooting my shot, running the floor in transition and making my teammates better." Patterson, who came over to Toronto from the Sacramento Kings on Dec. 9 in a seven-player trade that sent Rudy Gay West, did all of that Monday in his first start in 30 games as a Raptor. He was a tidy 7-for-11 from the field -- including 3-for-5 from three-point range -- had six rebounds and added two assists. In his fourth season in the NBA, Patterson had 54 career starts, the majority with the Houston Rockets, coming into Monday night. He had started just six games this season, all with Sacramento. "Its all about making sure I have a positive role," Patterson said his rare start. Pattersons 22 points was one more than he had for the Kings against the Los Angeles Clippers Nov. 23. "Fifteen deep. Thats how we play. Thats how we role," starting point guard Kyle Lowry said of Pattersons ability to step into the line-up. "We won. Everybody stepped up." Lowry had another complete performance, scoring 19 points, doling out 12 assists and grabbing seven rebounds while DeMar DeRozan addded 22 points as the Raptors (27-24) snapped a two-game losing streak before a crowd of 17,596 at Air Canada Centre. George Davis Jersey. With the win, the Raptors, returning home from a five-game road trip out West, widened their lead over the Brooklyn Nets atop the NBAs Atlantic Division to three games. Toronto, 8-2 at home since Jan. 1, plays seven of its next nine at Air Canada Centre. The Raptors host the Atlanta Hawks Wednesday in their final game before the All-Star break. "We want to get both wins at home, protect home court and go into the break with a great conscience and try to hit the stretch run running," Lowry said of the teams approach to this weeks two games. The Raptors squandered a 15-point lead in the second quarter to go into halftime tied at 49. They then built up an 18-point edge in the third but again saw the Pelicans (22-29) battle back. Tyreke Evans had a game-high 23 points and 10 assists to lead New Orleans. Anthony Davis added 19. New Orleans went on a 16-5 run over the opening 5:10 of the fourth quarter to cut the Toronto lead to 87-86. But the Raptors responded with an 11-3 run over the next 2:30 to pull away for the victory. "For whatever reason, we are losing our leads with our second unit," said Raptors head coach Dwane Casey. "What its doing is putting a lot of pressure on our starters and them in big minute situations." DeRozan logged 40:21 and Lowry put in 38:48 to lead in court time among all players. "Taking Patrick Patterson off the second unit hurts them a bit," Casey said. "But still we have to get a rhythm with that second unit so we can rest our starters." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz