Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 105 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
wh3171 Offline

04.11.2019 08:42
a couple of equally critical hustle plays Antworten

Denny Morrisons silver medal performance in the mens 1,000 metre speed skating medal nearly didnt happen. Cheap Air Max For Sale . After falling during the Canadian Olympic team trails, Morrison missed earning a place in the event. But on Tuesday, fellow Canadian Gilmore Junio gave up his spot in the race, saying that to have Morrison compete would be "in the best interest of the team." "When he rang me, I thought he was pulling my leg," said Morrison, of Junios decision. "Why would he do it unless he was injured? The coaches knew but decided he was the one to tell me. "We were at Canada Olympic House with our families and when it came from the horses mouth, it was a moment I will never forget." As Morrison stepped onto the podium following the race, Junios decision must have seemed clairvoyant. Morrison skated against 500m champion, Michel Mulder of the Netherlands, and finished in a time of one minute 08.43 seconds. The Canadian slotted into second place, with six of the top skaters remaining. One by one, each of the remaining athletes failed to earn a podium spot. "I called it, so it feels good to be a prophet," Junio told CBC Sports. "A lot of kudos goes to this guy [Morrison] because he made it happen." I feel like getting my medal and cutting it in half because he deserves it Morrison credits Junios help — not just in giving up the spot — but for his hard work as a training partner. "Hes been helping me with my openers for the last four years," said Morrison of Junio. "I opened 16.6 today. Its my fastest opener in six years time, and I never would have gotten this medal without having those openers, and guys like Gilmore and Jamie Gregg, and of course giving his spot up for me. "After what [Junio] did, it made it even more special. Giving up your spot is unprecedented. I feel like getting my medal and cutting it in half because he deserves it." Junio was watching from the stands as his friend and teammate took to the ice to race. Junio yelled even louder as subsequent athletes failed to beat Morrisons time. "I was literally shaking and couldnt stay focused," said Junio "I was definitely breathing hard, and I kind of lost my voice because I was cheering so hard. It was definitely worth it." Morrison will compete in the mens 1,500, Feb. 15, 2014. Discount Air Max . The 20-year-old overager has appeared in 35 games for the Ontario Hockey Leagues Erie Otters this season, scoring 41 goals and adding 27 assists with a plus-28 rating. Cheap Air Max Free Shipping . Klose has a bruised pelvic bone and abdominal muscle problems but team doctors are trying to get him fit in time for the match. Bender has a hamstring injury. Germany is already without half-dozen players, due to injury or bad form. https://www.airmaxchina.us/ . It all would have been for naught, however, had it not been for some clutch shooting in the fourth quarter by Kobe Bryant and a couple of equally critical hustle plays by Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol in the final minutes.Wimbledon, England (SportsNetwork.com) - Top-seeded Novak Djokovic and reigning champion Andy Murray were a pair of easy opening-round winners on Centre Court at The Championships, Wimbledon. The former world No. 1 Djokovic won the first 11 games in steamrolling Kazakhstans Andrey Golubev 6-0, 6-1, 6-4 in a mere 87 minutes at the famed All England Club, while the third-seeded Murray also played very clean tennis in taking care of Belgian David Goffin 6-1, 6-4, 7-5. Murray popped eight aces in the predicable just-over-two-hour affair versus Goffin. The French Open runner-up Djokovic titled here in 2011 and was last years Wimbledon runner-up to his good friend Murray. Djokovic, playing his first grass-court tennis of the year, is the top seed at this fortnight, despite being ranked second in the world behind French Open champion and two-time Wimbledon winner Rafael Nadal. "It was a great start," Djokovic said after moving on Monday. Up next for the six-time Grand Slam titlist will be 35-year-old Czech veteran Radek Stepanek. Murray has won 14 straight matches at the AEC, where he captured an Olympic gold medal in 2012 before giving Great Britain its first male Wimbledon singles champion in 77 years last year. Murray entered and exited Centre Court to standing ovations on Day 1. "It was nice," Murray said. "I was nervous this morning, nervous yesterday. Walking through brings back a lot of good memories. I got a nice round of applause and once you sit down in a chair its time to get ready for this year and move on from last year." Among those in the Royal Box for Murrays match were his father and grandparents and former NBA superstar Shaquille ONeal. Murrays new coach, former womens Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo, sat in the front row of the guest box. Up next for Murray will be 23-year-old Slovenian Blaz Rola, who was the 2013 NCAA singles champion while playing at The Ohio State University. Sixth-seeded former Wimbledon runner-up Tomas Berdych joined Djokovic and Murray in the round of 64 with a come-from-behind 6-7 (5-7), 6-1, 6-4, 6-3 victory over Romanian veteran Victor Hanescu, while seventh-seeded David Ferrer held off fellow Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta 6-0, 6-7 (3-7), 6-1, 6-1. Meanwhile, rising Bulgarian star Grigor Dimitrov eased past disappointing American Ryan Harrisson 7-6 (7-1), 6-3, 6-2 and 12th-seeded Latvian and French Open semifinalist Ernests Gulbis topped Estonian Jurgen Zopp 7-6 (9-7), 7-5, 7-6 (12-10). Wholesale Air Max. Dimitrov captured his first-ever grass-court title at The Queens Club in London two weeks ago. Sixteenth-seeded Italian Fabio Fognini went the distance to edge out American journeyman Alex Kuznetsov, 2-6, 1-6, 6-4, 6-1, 9-7, in 3 hours, 11 minutes on Court 18. In other action involving seeds, No. 17 Russian Mikhail Youzhny routed Brit James Ward 6-2, 6-2, 6-1; Aussie Marinko Matosevic served-and-volleyed his way past No. 18 Spaniard Fernando Verdasco 6-4, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2; No. 20 South African Kevin Anderson dismissed Slovenian Aljaz Bedene 6-3, 7-5, 6-2; No. 21 Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopolov beat Aussie Samuel Groth 7-5, 7-6 (7-2), 7-6 (7-5); Argentine Leonardo Mayer upended No. 25 Italian Andreas Seppi 6-3, 2-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-4; No. 26 Croat Marin Cilic got past Frances Paul-Henri Mathieu 6-4, 6-7 (2-7), 6-2, 6-1; No. 27 Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut topped American two-time NCAA singles champion Steve Johnson 6-3, 6-7 (3-7), 6-4, 7-5; and Dutchman Robin Haase doused No. 31 Canadian Vasek Pospisil 7-6 (8-6), 4-6, 7-5, 6-3. The surging Bautista Agut captured his first-ever ATP-level title, on grass, last week in The Netherlands. Several other men advanced, including Stepanek, Rola, Frenchmen Jeremy Chardy and Gilles Simon, Aussie Bernard Tomic, former Aussie Open runner-up Marcos Baghdatis, and German Benjamin Becker, who was the runner-up in The Netherlands last week. Some action was suspended because or rain, as 14th-seeded French star Jo- Wilfried Tsonga was leading Austrian lefty Jurgen Melzer 6-1, 3-6, 3-6, 6-2, 5-4 and Sam Querrey was ahead of fellow American Bradley Klahn 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 6-1, 6-5 when rain started to fall just after 8 p.m. local time. Opening-round matches will come Tuesday for the second-seeded Nadal and seven- time Wimbledon champ Roger Federer. The 14-time Grand Slam winner Nadal will take on Slovak Martin Klizan, while the fourth-seeded former No. 1 and 17-time major titlist Federer will encounter Italian Paolo Lorenzi. Also on the Day 2 schedule will be fifth-seeded Australian Open champ Stan Wawrinka, eighth-seeded Canadian slugger Milos Raonic, ninth-seeded American John Isner, and 10th seed Kei Nishikori of Japan. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz