Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 110 mal aufgerufen
 Latzhosen Forum
zhanjiao1212 Offline

20.05.2019 07:59
come out with it." Tighter defence Antworten

TORONTO - The Toronto Raptors have struggled early in games so far this season. Eric Dier England Jersey .But on Friday night, Toronto turned in its most complete performance yet, never trailing in a 103-84 rout of the Washington Wizards that ran its record to 5-1, the best start in Raptors franchise history.I think we played well from start to finish, said Kyle Lowry, who led the way with a triple-double, his club-record fourth with Toronto. We still made some mistakes but I think theres a lot more positives than negatives to take from this game, finally we can say that.Lowry had 13 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists on the night to surpass Damon Stoudamire for the most in Raptors history. It was the sixth triple-double of his career.Toronto head coach Dwane Casey said it was clear his players understood they needed better starts.Our guys are professionals. Theyre smart players. Theyre mature. Theyre playoff battled, ready, so they should understand how important the start of the game is, Casey said. Over the long run, they understand that we cant start games the way weve been starting them.Now, we have to make a habit of the way we started the game tonight.Toronto opened a 5-0 lead early in the first quarter and never looked back against the Wizards (4-2). The Raptors led 28-18 after 12 minutes, 59-35 at the half and by as much as 28 points in the second half.With the victory, before a sellout crowd of 19,800 at Air Canada Centre, Toronto moved into a first-place tie with the Chicago Bulls atop the NBAs Eastern Conference. Washington is a game back.The Raptors held the Wizards to just 31 per cent shooting from the field in the first quarter and 28 per cent in the opening half in winning their third straight game. Washington shot just 36 per cent on the night, including just 16 per cent from three-point range, where they missed their first 10 shots.The game was the Raptors first of a franchise-record seven-game home stand.The defence that we had tonight was a lot like us last year, and that is where we have to perform, Casey said. It starts in the first quarter. Weve been getting that in the second, third and fourth quarters, but finally tonight we were not Seabiscuit we were Secretariat. So, that was the difference.DeMar DeRozan led the Raptors in scoring with 25 points, one of four Toronto players in double figures.This is the way we have to be all year, DeRozan said. We have to rely on our defence and the offence will come.If we play that way defensively every night we will be fine.The Raptors led 59-35 at halftime and continued to pour it on early in the third quarter.DeRozans basket at 2:58 of the quarter widened the Toronto lead to 28 points at 63-45.The Wizards went on a 10-0 run over the next 1:49 but never seriously threatened to make it a game.Kris Humphries had 11 points for the Wizards while Marcin Gortat pulled down 10 rebounds.On a night the Raptors wore their throwback purple jerseys and held the first of seven 20th anniversary celebrations this season, the only blemish was that forward Amir Johnson, who missed the previous three games with a sore left ankle, went to Torontos locker-room early in the second half. He did not return.Im good, Johnson said after the game, his ankle in a tensor bandage. I didnt roll it or re-injure it or anything. It was just a precaution thing.I think I gave it all I got, played 22 minutes and it got a little sore, so I sat out the rest of the game.The Raptors continue their home stand Sunday night against the Philadelphia 76ers. England Jerseys .com) - Jahlil Okafor had 21 points, Tyus Jones scored 16 with 10 assists and No. Ruben Loftus-Cheek England Jersey . - Suspended Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon has voluntarily checked into a treatment facility and seems to be doing well. http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Kyle-Walker-England-Jersey/ . With the Nets winning streak in jeopardy, Williams scored 23 points, 11 in the final six minutes, to lead Brooklyn to a 104-99 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. TORONTO -- Relief came in the form of James Reimer lifting his arms after making a shootout save on Antonie Vermette. By beating the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1 in a shootout at Air Canada Centre on Thursday night, the Toronto Maple Leafs shook off the gloom and doom of recent struggles. "It hasnt been a good feeling around here the past couple days," said winger Joffrey Lupul, who scored the shootout winner. "Its funny how even with an ugly, grind-it-out win like that, you come to the rink tomorrow feeling a lot better about yourselves." The Leafs (18-16-3) can feel better about themselves beyond shootout goals by Lupul and James van Riemsdyk and a couple of stops in that competition from Reimer, who made 34 saves in regulation and overtime. Instead, this was a victory to savour for stronger play in regulation and the elimination of the kind of mistakes that led to 10 losses in their previous 13 games. "I thought individually guys really limited our turnovers and the chances we gave up for them to try and get opportunities," said centre Peter Holland, who assisted on Troy Bodies first-period goal. "It just goes to show that when we do execute what we plan on doing, things will fall into place for us." Maybe it was about time. Coach Randy Carlyle spent eight-plus hours at the rink Wednesday with the coaching staff on a day off for players devising what he hoped was a plan to turn the Leafs fortunes around. Presented at the morning skate was a blue print that included a harder forecheck and more aggressive defensive zone play. For the most part, the Leafs followed that against Phoenix (18-10-6). A strong forecheck was evident on Bodies first goal of the season and first in a Leafs uniform, thanks to work from Holland and Jerry DAmigo. The puck got out to defenceman Cody Franson at the point, and Bodie was in a perfect spot to put the rebound in on Canadian Olympic candidate Mike Smith. "(Forechecking is) something weve been stressing," Bodie said. "I think we did a good job of it on the goal. We got a good dump and we had two guys in on it right away and then the third guy joined. We were able to come out with it." Tighter defence than Toronto displayed in a loss two days earlier to the Florida Panthers helped the lead stand up until Martin Hanzal scored 15:08 into the third. Reimer, who started only because Carlyle said Jonathan Bernier was dealing with an unspecified "ailment," was satisfied with how his teammates contained the Coyotes and rebounded from a frustrating loss to Florida. "We all make mistakes," Reimer said. "We sometimes dont show up in a way we want to. I think youre judged on how you respond. I thought we did a great job tonight. We really came collectively and everyone bought in." Reimer turnedd aside attempts from Radim Vrbata and then Vermette in the shootout, but it was Smiths almost-save on van Riemsdyk in the first round that caused a lengthy review. Harry Maguire England Jersey. . Referee Paul Devorski assured Coyotes coach Dave Tippett that "110 per cent" it was in the net, and video review found it inconclusive so the goal stood. "Youve got to take him for his word," Tippett said. Devorski never signalled that it was a goal on the ice, which caused Smith some confusion. "He came and whispered it in my ear like its a goal, and he didnt really give a signal that it was," Smith said. "He made the call, he said he saw it go in. Its unfortunate, but thats the way it goes." Like the Leafs, the Coyotes were satisfied with an improved performance, despite this being their third straight loss. "We definitely took some good things out of that game," said Smith, who made 26 saves. "Its not all bad. We did a lot of good things well in the third period there to give ourselves a chance to get a point. As long as were in games, were giving ourselves a chance to win hockey games, I think well be pleased with it." Toronto didnt play perfectly, but players were nonetheless pleased with not only the result but the five-on-five play throughout regulation. "I thought we were pretty strong for pretty much the full 60 and we did things the right way, so that was definitely an improvement," van Riemsdyk said. "We stayed patient, kept it simple and guys did their job, guys battled hard. It was a good two points." Reimer was critical of his teammates after the loss to the Panthers, saying that some or all of the Leafs players dont show up for the entire game. Given how long he paused before delivering that answer Tuesday night, it was well thought-out. "Obviously I was frustrated, but I try and always answer (with) the way Im feeling -- in an honest way," Reimer said Thursday night. "Whether Im frustrated or whether Im happy, I try and answer objectively. I just answered how I thought I saw it." Relief was all over Reimers face after beating the Coyotes, and his words backed that up. "Really proud of the way the guys worked," he said. "They put in an honest effort. It was just a good game all around. I thought we played solid for 60 minutes." NOTES -- Gilbert Brule was in the lineup for the Coyotes, his first NHL appearance since May 15, 2012. Tippett said Brule, who played 12:39, was "flying" in his Phoenix debut ... Defenceman Mark Fraser and Paul Ranger and tough guy Frazer McLaren were healthy scratches for the Leafs. ... Phoenix recalled defenceman Rostislav Klesla on Thursday morning to replace Zbynek Michalek, who returned to Arizona to undergo further evaluation of a lower-body injury. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz